Ferrari Life Forum banner

Is the register a welcome addition to the site?

• No, sometimes I look at it, but it doesn't really interest me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I sometimes look at it

• Yes, I look at it regularly

• No, I never look at it

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, a poll about the register. When I post something about s/n I don't get any response, so I'm curious or there are any people who are interested in s/n. Please vote, and maybe place some more motiviation in a post.

I want to know because I spend a lot of time to make it work, but if it is not usefull I would like to know

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
I find it useful because we all know Ferrari is a worldwide brand and it is interesting to know where these cars go after they are built. It is also interesting to follow a car around, ie it is sold first in one state, then bought in another then goes back overseas.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dr Bob

I have looked at the register a number of times, and I'm sure its very time consuming to maintain. There appear to be a number of Ferrari registers in operation. You may already do this but maybe you can co-operate with these other efforts and share regusters to reduce the workload on data collection and processing. (Seems like a good way to speed up the process)

Dermot

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dermot said:
Dr Bob

I have looked at the register a number of times, and I'm sure its very time consuming to maintain. There appear to be a number of Ferrari registers in operation. You may already do this but maybe you can co-operate with these other efforts and share regusters to reduce the workload on data collection and processing. (Seems like a good way to speed up the process)

Dermot
Dermot,

You would be shocked at the number of these registers that want to keep the information for themselves. Before I started I tried to get them all under on umbrella off this site under the domain ferrariregister.org, I got no where.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've go to confess that I will be checking the register more often once I actually have a car of my own listed there. This may be a common situation with non-owners.

·
Registered
473 Posts
"Dermot,

You would be shocked at the number of these registers that want to keep the information for themselves. Before I started I tried to get them all under on umbrella off this site under the domain ferrariregister.org, I got no where."

I figure you are right Andrew. Still, maybe its time for a mutual agreement between some of the top registers, it would give people more incentive to use registers if they thought the data was complete (Or at least more complete)

Dermot

·
Registered
749 Posts
What about the risks involved in giving out that sort of info? Have any owners declined to register because of "security" issues? I am thinking about having S/Ns in the public domain. Don't some sites / clubs / etc require valid SNs to get in?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
4kids3fish said:
What about the risks involved in giving out that sort of info? Have any owners declined to register because of "security" issues? I am thinking about having S/Ns in the public domain. Don't some sites / clubs / etc require valid SNs to get in?
I don't see much risk in it at all. I've currently changed the register here to only info about the car, repair, awards, etc but very little personal info about the owner (maybe the family name and city is about it).

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd say it's definitely welcome. I take a look at it every so often and it's a nice thing to have here I think. I understand, as others have said, that it must take quite a bit to maintain it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts