Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always amused when I hear that. Very few other cars generate that question. You never hear "Is that a Ford?".

I have attended weddings both of the last weekends and driven the car to both. The first one, the reception was at an Inn by the sea. The owner of the Inn was directing the parking and it was tight. I was behind a Porsche and after he directed the Porsche to a spot he came up to me and looked around the lot. He said "Tell you what, pull around the front, over by the garage and I'll meet you there." He had me park on the lawn in the backyard of the Inn right in full view of the tent where the reception was being held. It was "So I could keep an eye on the car". All the other cars were parked out of view. It was kind of cool being given "preferred" parking because of the car I drive. The owner of the Inn even brought me into his garage to see his toy. A Plymouth Prowler.

The wedding yesterday was down on the end of a peninsula (A cool road to drive down I might add). The house was an old farmhouse on the bay and set back from the road so all the parked cars were out of view. But as I was parking, there were a few people walking towards the house and I could overhear them as I drove by "Is that a Ferrari?" "Yeah, I think it is." "Cool!". As I was walking towards the house I looked back and saw them checking out the car.

There are a lot of people who have never actually seen a Ferrari before and they are pretty sure it is the same car as the one on Magnum PI but aren't 100% sure. I overheard a snippet of conversation between a couple of teenage girls in a parking lot a couple of weeks ago. All I heard was "I think it's a Lotus or something". (Magnum PI may have been before their time, my God I can actually see myself growing older).

So to satisfy the curiousity of the people who aren't sure exactly what kind of car it is that I'm driving, I have provided them with a subtle hint. Check out the photo.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
That license plate is a dead give away :lol:
nice tough dho.

BTW you aren't that old cuz i remember Magnum, infact i LOVED it :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
That license plate is a dead give away :lol:
nice tough dho.

BTW you aren't that old cuz i remember Magnum, infact i LOVED it :wink:
Magnum was a really good show :D
i only watched it for the Ferraris though :)

PS: the plate says it all :)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
G1zm0 said:
Magnum was a really good show :D
i only watched it for the Ferraris though :)

PS: the plate says it all :)
Hey John, your here, cool :green:

Hey and don't forget the chicks the Magnum had :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have both a 911 cab and a 355 spider...the porsche is faultless....but the sence of occasion in stepping into the ferrari cant be matched by anything....oh and the sound.....*sigh*

At a cafe i go to all i have to do is call in advance....they park one of thier cars as a space becomes vacant....as soon as i arrive they move and i park in front.......it does have its perks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts