Ferrari Life Forum banner

Is modifying a Ferarri sacrilegious or something that adds to the marque?

• Yes - Small modifications are ok, but that's it

Votes: 60 35.7%
  • Do what you want, it's your car.

Votes: 79 47.0%
  • No - They should not be modified. Get a Toyota!!!!

Votes: 29 17.3%
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh.....my first poll. Never did one before. Hope I do it right. ;)

Should an owner modify their Ferrari or should it be left alone as the day it left the factory?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I believe its up to the owner of the car. I personally prefer exhaust and rim modifications.:)

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I went away last weekend, and on the motorway trip home I noticed what I thought was a yellow F40 several cars in front of me (yes, I know they only made them in red). When I got behind it I noticed that it didn't have the F40triple exhaust, it had 2 single exhausts (not the usual quads for a Ferrari), but it did have the round rear light clusters, but it just didn't look right. Eventually I got past it and realised that it was a 348 with many mods, the side slats had been removed and new side air intakes installed.
Although it was clearly a 348, I thought the mods made it look like a kit car and had ruined it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went away last weekend, and on the motorway trip home I noticed what I thought was a yellow F40 several cars in front of me (yes, I know they only made them in red). When I got behind it I noticed that it didn't have the F40triple exhaust, it had 2 single exhausts (not the usual quads for a Ferrari), but it did have the round rear light clusters, but it just didn't look right. Eventually I got past it and realised that it was a 348 with many mods, the side slats had been removed and new side air intakes installed.
Although it was clearly a 348, I thought the mods made it look like a kit car and had ruined it.
Could be the yellow Koenig 348?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think it's great to modify your car be it for performance, aesthetics or what have you, but a Ferrari is a work of art and should be left alone aside from a couple of minor changes.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I wouldn't do any big changes if I had one, but it's up to the owner, really

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey Ang

Are you the Angelis of silicon hose fame? Welcome to the site. We have a lot of fun here. You will fit in just fine.

Regarding your query...I like Boxers reply the best so far. A clear purpose is the key. Stripping the body panels to create a new Enzo monster truck would be cool as hell, if your into monster trucks. I'd consider doing it just to piss off the establishment. But then...Thats me. If you mean bolting on some stupid wing in the attempt to draw eyes to your ride...not so much. Your mods have to have some purpose and functionality.

My 348 SS has wheels, instrument rings, billet shift ball, and drilled pedals and I'd consider shields and a stereo. Thats where I draw the line. These mods are intended to excentuate the Classic Ferrari style. 348 wheels never did it for me and take away from the cars absolute beauty, Dash board is a bit plain, and I found the original pedals a bit slippery.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
So you don't want me to rice out the F40?
Boxer, I found the perfect image in which you should reproduce on the F40!
Well, Look! It has rocket launchers!!!:rofl:
....Now thats the definition of a Fart can...:rofl: :rofl:

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Just don't rice out a Ferrari, that's the bottom line.
Here is a horror story for ya.

There was a kid in town that was married to a even younger girl who happened to come into a large amount of money from her parents passing.

She ended up buying her delinquent husband a new coupe Viper and Later a brand new Ferrari 360 spider.

He destroyed the Viper by driving it over a meridian and taking out the oil pan..:eek:

And after a few weeks in his Ferrari he decided to modify it like his friends cars.

He went from Rosso corsa red to Pearl orange..:p and the paint and body shop of choice............................wait for it........................................

Maco OMG..:eek: :eek:

For those of you who don't know what Maco is, it is the low end of paint shops, they hire young guys just starting out so in effect they are practicing on your car.

The paint job was horrible, runs, over spray, he even went as far as wanting the inside of the lights to be color matched but could not figure out how to take them apart so he called a Ferrari dealer and they told him he was nuts and not to destroy the car.(to late)

A month or two later they got divorced she took the car back and ended up selling it only nobody wanted to buy it, finally 8 month later and at a very reduced price she finally sold it.

What a jack ass.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Upto the owner but personally wheels and exhaust only. Even the wheels I would want them to look like Ferrari factory wheels.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Ang

Are you the Angelis of silicon hose fame? Welcome to the site. We have a lot of fun here. You will fit in just fine.
Silicon hose fame!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep that's me.

Nice to be here. Have'nt visited in a while, but looks to be a nice crowd here. Hope they like my jokes. :D

1 - 20 of 152 Posts