Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boxer,
I noticed your signature now shows just 2 Ferraris (funny using the word "just"). Did you sell the 512 also? Are you now "Boxer-less"?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Boxer,
I noticed your signature now shows just 2 Ferraris (funny using the word "just"). Did you sell the 512 also? Are you now "Boxer-less"?
It is clear why you are the Captain.

As of very recently I am officially Boxerless. I guess I should change my screen name - to the member formerly know as Boxer ;) (Andrew, can this be done ?)

but there is a plan.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im guessing ... Daytona or please tell me .... F40!

that would be something.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
F40

Boxer said:
The X-Boxer situation is only temporary. A spot in the garage has been reserved for a LHD 365 BB. My guess is that it will take 6 months to find the right one. I have found two but still have a lot of questions on both.

and then there is part 2 of the plan.......
Soemhow, I smell F40 in the air,...Boxer. Personally, I have never driven one but my friend who runs the car shop said it is a fantastic car. Also, of the 1200 or so made, a good 30% or so are gone. Many of the ones for sale here in Japan are accident cars so you gotta be careful. F40 was conceived and made while Enzo was still alive and in command. Happy searching, Boxer. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS said:
Soemhow, I smell F40 in the air,...Boxer. Personally, I have never driven one but my friend who runs the car shop said it is a fantastic car. Also, of the 1200 or so made, a good 30% or so are gone. Many of the ones for sale here in Japan are accident cars so you gotta be careful. F40 was conceived and made while Enzo was still alive and in command. Happy searching, Boxer. Jimmy
An F40....very interesting idea. :)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I see more of the Daytona idea.;)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Jimmy, You were right. F40 it is :D . Cheers, Boxer

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
so, when is the lucky F40 going to live in your garage, X-Boxer??

man, your car history is just getting more and more amazing =O

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Happy search

Boxer said:
Wonderful selection. Here in Japan, seems like the earlier, non-catalytic model is more popular w/ the diehard fans. Probably w/ the current exchange rates, Ferraris are less pricy here. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Wonderful selection. Here in Japan, seems like the earlier, non-catalytic model is more popular w/ the diehard fans. Probably w/ the current exchange rates, Ferraris are less pricy here. Jimmy
This is actually a very late 92 model. I believe it is one of the last 20 or so produced. It is a catalytic model with the adjustable suspension. The turbos have been upgraded/uprated. I should have it sometime in early November.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Boxer said:
You're my hero!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics

·
Registered
151 Posts
Soemhow, I smell F40 in the air,... Also, of the 1200 or so made, a good 30% or so are gone.
F40 was conceived and made while Enzo was still alive and in command. Happy searching, Boxer. Jimmy
For accuracy,

1311 F40's Manufactured, By gone I guess you mean destroyed?, 30% is 393 Way to many, My well informed guess is less than 60 cars destroyed.

Argento

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boxer said:
This is actually a very late 92 model. I believe it is one of the last 20 or so produced. It is a catalytic model with the adjustable suspension. The turbos have been upgraded/uprated. I should have it sometime in early November.
Thats phenomonal. Congrats. I dont know why the F40 seems so much more importnant but its gets you all excited doesnt it? Id be like a kid the night before christmas ... cant sleep! Congrats and keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
F40 at GrayPaul

Boxer said:
Congratulations Boxer!!! Based on your descriptions, I presume that you are acquiring the F40 from GrayPaul ? It's a beauty from the pics. You must be careful w/ the height adjuster since it is an expensive item to repair. Nevertheless, it is FUN TIME for you. Let us all know of hte outcome. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Congratulations Boxer!!! Based on your descriptions, I presume that you are acquiring the F40 from GrayPaul ? It's a beauty from the pics. You must be careful w/ the height adjuster since it is an expensive item to repair. Nevertheless, it is FUN TIME for you. Let us all know of hte outcome. Jimmy
Jimmy, Actually the F40 is coming from Germany. I will be picking it up there in a few weeks and driving it back. I was specifically looking for one with the height adjustment as I do plan on driving it on the roads (plus a few track days) and I have quite a few speed bumps near my house. Very much looking to the collection date. :)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Sorry

Boxer said:
Jimmy, Actually the F40 is coming from Germany. I will be picking it up there in a few weeks and driving it back. I was specifically looking for one with the height adjustment as I do plan on driving it on the roads (plus a few track days) and I have quite a few speed bumps near my house. Very much looking to the collection date. :)
Sorry about my error. I should have known better. I remember you acquired your 308 from Germany too. I do not have any doubt that you have done your research and are getting a sound F40. The only concern is the height adjustment repair cost because my friend mechanic said that is a very costly repair item. (He has in the past done several repairs like those). Just a concern. I am aware of the convenience. F40 is an extremely attractive car for me too. However, I won't be able to truly enjoy the full potential of this supercar in my environment and ability. Let us all know of your experiences. Have fun. ws/smiles Jimmy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts