Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found, what I believe is a 365 GT4 2+2 or 400 series Ferrari.
It is red, will need a complete restoration. And yes, I mean complete.
It is on the opposite side of Rt 38 where I found the Mondial.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
gthomas said:
I found, what I believe is a 365 GT4 2+2 or 400 series Ferrari.
It is red, will need a complete restoration. And yes, I mean complete.
It is on the opposite side of Rt 38 where I found the Mondial.
Where is Rt 38 and in what state?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. I'm still in New Jersey. Cherry Hill, N.J.. It's only a few miles from the Cherry Hill Mall.

·
Registered
749 Posts
There seem to be quite a few 400 / 412 models around at the moment here. I was interested in them for a while but the cost of engine work has put me off.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You'd be better off just buying a good condition car. I've seen some as low as $15k. That's a lot less than a restoration. And the car was in good running condition with nice paint. Those cars just havent kept their resale value. And now with another 2+2 on the market from Ferrari I'm sure the price will slide a little further as well. When the replacement for the 360 come out all the other midengine model prices will slide also. That just means you should buy two instead of one!

For anyone who's wondering what the 400 looks like:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would restore her for the love of the car and the experience; and to see another Ferrari on the road. But alas...at this time I am not in a position to do such. :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The car would have to be real cheap for me to even consider it. It is not the major stuff that kills you. It is a the little trim details that nickles and dimes you to death.

Post a pic of the car if you can.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is it being sold by a private party? dealer? or just lying alongside the road?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Uh-oooo Botto's getting ideas.... :wink:

Go-Botto-Go!
Go-Botto-Go!
Go-Botto-Go!

Buy the car and we'll all throw in our two cents worth of opinions as you throw in thousands of dollars.

That's the way it's supposed to work, right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's located outside of someones small business. It has been sitting there for what looks like a long time. The 'for sale' in the window is leaning over so it is barely visible. As I said, it will need a total restoration, period, no and if or but's about it. I don't know how to use the picture programs, etc.. I could take one 'old style', but it may be a few weeks before I use the rest of the roll and have it developed. I won't be able to see the car until next week or so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stopped, but noone was there.
As described, the car needs to be taken apart and restored. The headlights won't go down. It has undoubtedly been sitting outside for what seems like years.
If anyone is serious about it, I will inquire further, but if not, I won't......glenn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, just out of curiosity, what would be a good price for this car and what would the mechanical restoration cost? Anyone have any rough guesses? I would be interested but the cost really scares me. And what is it worth after a complete restoration? It seems that any exotic car has "a point of no return" where it becomes cost prohibitive to restore to usable condition.

By the way I really enjoy this site. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do you live in Cherry Hill?

I'm near Newton (Rt 94)

BTW My name is Glenn also :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Botto said:
Do you live in Cherry Hill?

I'm near Newton (Rt 94)

BTW My name is Glenn also :D
I'm off Kings Highway (Rt 41). My main residence is in Florida, though. I'm leaving soon.

BTW Glenn is a great name. Especially when spelt with 2 n's. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts