Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a lot of speculation over here that Alonso is out of favor at Mclaren. He's pee'd off that as double world champion McLaren are saying they have a no No1 driver policy, both are treated the same. Ron Dennis has also said that he would love an all British team. there are some strong rumours that Jensen Button could be on his way to Mclaren.

I can't see Alonso going back to Renault as they aren't competitive enough. There's a rumour that BMW are interested, they have certainly improved are are the No3 team of the moment.

However, I think that he will end up at Ferrari. Why?

He wants to be world champion again and he needs a fast reliable car. Ferrari have a reliable car and it's as quick as the McLaren, Kimi proved that in 3 of the last 4 races. So who's on their way out of Ferrari to make way for him? My guess is that Massa will be sacrificed if Alonso is serious about a move. (Sorry Stile-Alpine) It would also be a coup for Ferrari to take both of Mclaren's drivers especially after the spying row.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I was talking about that yesterday with my cousin, funny! hehehehe

I (want) to believe that if Massa shows some results until the end of the season, he'll be able to stay in the team

I guess it is a bit soon to guess what's going to happen, but I agree that Alonso won't be in McLaren next year

·
Registered
250 Posts
Alonso believes that the Mclaren F1 team resolves aroudn hi mand only him, and In my opinion he believs that Hamilton poses a very big threat towards him in the F1 season as well as in the future.

Honestly I wasn't to suprised about his stupid behaviour in Hungary, stopping Hamilton from moving forward during the time trial before the race.

I agree also that Alonso will not be reacing for Mclaren next year,
Definitely not to be.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alonso believes that the Mclaren F1 team resolves aroudn hi mand only him, and In my opinion he believs that Hamilton poses a very big threat towards him in the F1 season as well as in the future.

Honestly I wasn't to suprised about his stupid behaviour in Hungary, stopping Hamilton from moving forward during the time trial before the race.

I agree also that Alonso will not be reacing for Mclaren next year,
Definitely not to be.:rolleyes:
I agree with your comments. I also think that Alonso has been shown up by an unexperienced rookie driving the same car as him and he knows he's been shown up and isn't happy about it. Therefore he will try every dirty trick in the book to trip LH up. Maybe we should start calling him Chick Alonso (after Chick Hicks in the Disney 'Cars' movie.;)
If Alonso doesn't score more points than LH this season (that looks likely now), he will have to resign out of embarrassment on the basis that he isn't as good as a rookie in his debut season, albeit an incredibly talented rookie who may go on to beat some of Schuey's records. I don't think a certain Mr M Schumacher would have behaved any differently though.

Personally, I think that Kimi & Alonso would make a good team at Ferrari and if they can keep on improving the cars they will be more than a match for McLaren next year. I just hope that Ferrari don't have any team orders and they are both allowed to race on a level playing field.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've always liked Alonso, even when he was beating up on Ferrari the past couple of years, but we just got Kimi and he is now showing how good he can be....but I am a big fan of Massa, amd would hate to see him go...I'm really torn about this....

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I have to say, I was very happy to see Kimi win the first race but then a little disappointed with nothing for 6 races. I find he is not pushing enough like he used to when he was battling with MS. I really like Massa and when he won 2 in a row I was really happy but then after, nothing…WTF!!!

I see Alonso and Hamilton acting just like people use to say MS use to. The difference is MS won almost every race and was seriously aggressive and drove that car like no one can. Now these guys win a few times and are afraid of losing and are acting stupid…hahaha!!!! It makes me laugh that every driver in that situation acts this way but people said MS was the only one who acted this way...NOT!!!!! I personally don’t like Alonso because he is arrogant, rude and has talked down about other teams/drivers including his own team mate and he was overheard talking trash about Hamilton. When you have to start in the lead to be able to win…that is sad. MS used to start anywhere and won. On some occasion almost at the back of the pack and made it in the top 5, now that’s racing. If Alonso goes to Ferrari it will be the same thing as now, battling with Kimi because I know they will get rid of Massa because he is not pulling his own weight this year unless things seriously change but I doubt it. So we will have to see what happens, would be nice to see MS come back.

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to say, I was very happy to see Kimi win the first race but then a little disappointed with nothing for 6 races. I find he is not pushing enough like he used to when he was battling with MS. I really like Massa and when he won 2 in a row I was really happy but then after, nothing…WTF!!!

I see Alonso and Hamilton acting just like people use to say MS use to. The difference is MS won almost every race and was seriously aggressive and drove that car like no one can. Now these guys win a few times and are afraid of losing and are acting stupid…hahaha!!!! It makes me laugh that every driver in that situation acts this way but people said MS was the only one who acted this way...NOT!!!!! I personally don’t like Alonso because he is arrogant, rude and has talked down about other teams/drivers including his own team mate and he was overheard talking trash about Hamilton. When you have to start in the lead to be able to win…that is sad. MS used to start anywhere and won. On some occasion almost at the back of the pack and made it in the top 5, now that’s racing. If Alonso goes to Ferrari it will be the same thing as now, battling with Kimi because I know they will get rid of Massa because he is not pulling his own weight this year unless things seriously change but I doubt it. So we will have to see what happens, would be nice to see MS come back.

~
You're absolutely right.
I can't see MS coming back now, he's achieved more than anyone else ever has and ever will, he dosn't have anything left to prove and doesn't need the money, even if they offered him $100M a year I think he'd turn it down.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
He dosn't have anything left to prove and doesn't need the money, even if they offered him $100M a year I think he'd turn it down.
I don’t think that if he came back it would be to prove anything or for the money, I think it would be because he misses racing and Ferrari has always treated him well and him in return so I think going back to work with a crew of people you get along great with and doing something you love to do, my question would be why not?

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe he's got the same problem all men suffer from eventually, the wife giving him grief becuase he's not at home spending time with the kids, doing the garden, decorating the spare room ..........etc;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You're absolutely right.
I can't see MS coming back now, he's achieved more than anyone else ever has and ever will, he dosn't have anything left to prove and doesn't need the money, even if they offered him $100M a year I think he'd turn it down.
I heard a rumor that BMW offered him a contract that could reach 1 billion dollars (USD) to race for them, as part of the contract included helping them design a new street/race supercar on the level of the Mclaren F1 and the Enzo and a hefty portion of the profits would be split and sent his way. I don't know how much truth is in the story, but I'd hate to see him come back to race anywhere but Ferrari. Besides, he is with the Ferrari team at almost every race anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a lot of speculation over here that Alonso is out of favor at Mclaren. He's pee'd off that as double world champion McLaren are saying they have a no No1 driver policy, both are treated the same. Ron Dennis has also said that he would love an all British team. there are some strong rumours that Jensen Button could be on his way to Mclaren.

I can't see Alonso going back to Renault as they aren't competitive enough. There's a rumour that BMW are interested, they have certainly improved are are the No3 team of the moment.

However, I think that he will end up at Ferrari. Why?

He wants to be world champion again and he needs a fast reliable car. Ferrari have a reliable car and it's as quick as the McLaren, Kimi proved that in 3 of the last 4 races. So who's on their way out of Ferrari to make way for him? My guess is that Massa will be sacrificed if Alonso is serious about a move. (Sorry Stile-Alpine) It would also be a coup for Ferrari to take both of Mclaren's drivers especially after the spying row.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

If he is the next Ferrari driver I hope for his sakes that he can keep his mouth shut and not mention any of the technology being developed by McLaren.

As if the FIA would side with McLaren over Ferrari anyway ! Preposterous !

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
If he is the next Ferrari driver I hope for his sakes that he can keep his mouth shut and not mention any of the technology being developed by McLaren.

As if the FIA would side with McLaren over Ferrari anyway ! Preposterous !

It is preposterous, the FIA will not side with Mclaren. Not for a $100 Million bucks.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have any sympathy for Mclaren over the spying row, but I do think Alonso and De La Rosa were below the belt snitching on McLaren, being disloyal to your employer is wrong in my book.
I hope McLaren sack him and give the drive to Jensen, he's not doing a bad job with a crap car at Honda. I reckon he could get a podium spot every race if he drove a Macca.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I totally agree Arch - it speaks volumes to me that Hamilton was the only driver at the hearing - he was obviously the only one not prepared to speak out against his employers, & good on him:cool: I've thought for some time that he is a young man with some degree of integrity.
I have never had much sympathy for McLaren, I don't like Ron Dennis & I don't like the image concious way he runs the team, but doing what Alonso has done (& De la Rosa) is pretty sh**ty from any angle:mad:

On Button - TBH I was deriding him last year for not doing more with the car, but this year he has totally outclassed the far more experienced (& higher rated) Barrichello.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I totally agree Arch - it speaks volumes to me that Hamilton was the only driver at the hearing - he was obviously the only one not prepared to speak out against his employers, & good on him:cool: I've thought for some time that he is a young man with some degree of integrity.
I saw that too and thought exactly the same thing. It's good to see he appreciates that Ron Dennis gave him his big break and supported him for the last 10 yrs. Too many people would have said thanks, but F*** you, I'm looking after number 1. I completely respect loyalty, good on him.

I've never been a Macca fan, goes back to the days when they had Prost and Senna bitching and fighting each other, and I was cheering Mansell on when he was at Lotus, Williams and Ferrari.

·
Registered
6 Posts
alonso in ferrari, no way

hello

i am a big fan of ferrari
i was suspicious about kimi, but he showed he is a profesional
i respect massa also
but
i dont want alonso in ferrari garage

is there any thing that we can do ? (petition or something)
if alonso comes, todt is leaving, that is also bad for ferrari

ferrari forza

1 - 18 of 18 Posts