Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tired of the poor and dull finish on my door panels and wanted them to look better.

I had considered powder coat but found out that the panels are too thin to be powder coated. My powder coater indicated that they would warp from the baking heat! That's not good.

So I decided to have the door panels repainted, and my painter also suggested a clear coat which I approved so the surface will not mar so easily.

The results are beyond my fondest expectations!

The paint is: PPG 37960 Variance 1 code. There is a clearcoat over that.

The pictures are not really a good example of the paint quality because my office lighting is poor. I'll take and post more when the sun comes out.

Next I will have the dash instrument trim and the radio trim done and then when I can remove it, I will do the center console as well.

I just can't get over how nice they look, and against my blue leather interior they will be outstanding.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
very nice Greg, but just how dull would it have to be to want to do that re-paint? Your car isn't that old or worn IMO. not that I've actually seen it, just guessing....

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original finish is a dull, flat gray and it marks very easily. It just looked a bit old to me.
Mine is a 2000. I understand that the finish on the later cars is a bit different and somewhat similar to what I had done.

So wanting a nicer looking finish I had them painted with the clearcoat.

They are stunning.

Have not put them in yet cause I am doing installation photos for my upcoming stereo system upgrade.

I should have them on in a week.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I am tired of the endless yards of leather in my cars. Would like metal for easy care. Leather, well, it takes up a lot of time and needs expensive replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.