Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just bought a very nice becker Ferrari radio, previously installed in a Ferrari 360 (see attachment). The problem I have now, is that the old 355 radio, a sony, was connected only by one plug (see attachment), while the becker needs two plugs (see attachment). Any ideas if there is a converter (from one to two plugs) available?

Thanks,

Erik

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Erikdee said:
All,

I just bought a very nice becker Ferrari radio, previously installed in a Ferrari 360 (see attachment). The problem I have now, is that the old 355 radio, a sony, was connected only by one plug (see attachment), while the becker needs two plugs (see attachment). Any ideas if there is a converter (from one to two plugs) available?

Thanks,

Erik
Does the 360 come with a CD changer? One of those maybe to control a CD changer. Your probably going to have to do it the hard way. I think you have two options here.

Check http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sbXhuunUVx0/ I'm not sure if they ship internation. I didn't look but they carry lots of wiring harnesses.

You could get a wiring harness that plugs into the F355 (your car) so one end will have the a plastic piece that fits nicely with your existing wires in your F355. Then get the harness that plugs into the new radio. Once you do this you'll have to ends with no harness (plastic piece) you'll just have a bunch of wires. Connect the two wires using the old crimp method with a crimp tool. It shouldn't be hard at all if you can get the two harnesses I'm speaking of, they should be color coded and you just match them up.

If they make a harness that converts the radio from a 360 to a F355s wiring this is the best as you well know, but I have no clue where to begin looking. Sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts