Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put some few miles on the thing. Tuesday I drive to Las Vegas on Thunder Road. My problem is I have collected too many tickets. This may cause my insurance to go up. Those nasty insurance companies think if I get many speeding tickets, they might have to pay a claim or three. I think they are right. Slow down I must. Driving my sweet beast at 75% is over twice the legal limit in even the best of states.

My major is now due. Nuts. A major is not inexpensive. Should I have my clutch replace even if it is not giving me any problems?

8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Are you hard on the clutch? I seems like most of your driving is highway and that doesn't wear clutches out. Stop-and-go city driving and getting down a bit on it when shifting wears clutches out.
Does the major on a 550 involve engine removal? If it does you could have the clutch inspected pretty cheap. Make the call then.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
You oughta drive it up to Hollywood so I can give it my stamp of approval.... :roll: 8)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow I drive to Las Vegas with my woman. I found out today how to make the heater work. She does not like to be cold.

Bonzi!

:roll:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bart said:
I have put some few miles on the thing. Tuesday I drive to Las Vegas on Thunder Road. My problem is I have collected too many tickets...
Sure, get her serviced. As for tickets, been there done that. Trust me here when i say, get yourself a three-day competition course from Skip Barber. This will give you a basic competition license. You can also get a SCCA regional license with this from Skip Barber. With these two licenses you can then TRACK the car. Trust me, what you may NEED is track time to solve your public road speeds. What i quickly learned is that at the track it is safe and proper, and that on public roads there are idiot drivers and it is very UNSAFE on public roads.

Time to take it to the track :)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
...but FIRST drive it to Hollywood so I can give it my stamp of approval! :green:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts