Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Used my Starfleet Universal Translator

Cam shaft control with chain for 308/328

… Target I, or I drive still another one year to toothed belt changes (with bad conscience).

Every three years toothed belts change and only 2000km in the year drive… there rather leave I mine untouched Ferrari.

Thus or similarly we learned many Ferrari 308er and 328er-Fahrer to know. And we were not differently. Not only that the toothed belt change is very expensive, it is connected also with substantial expenditure of time.

The otherwise quite durable and matured technology of the 308er and 328er-Modelle brings the beautiful vehicles only rarely into the workshop. A stay is necessary frequently only because of liquid and toothed belt changes there.For these reasons we developed a conversion kit of toothed belt on chaining price increase for all 308 quattrovalvole and 328er-Modelle.

For this above all to the fact importance was attached that the original optics remains keeping as far as possible. A chain guard from aluminum casting, that the original Optics of the toothed belt cover was had a feeling for, covered here the assigned chain as original-faithfully as possible.

The cam shafts are propelled now over a duplex chain. The track tension takes place over a chain wheel, which can be adjusted eccentrically. In order to still increase the quiet running, sliding rails from high-quality plastic in the critical places are used.

The duplex chain, which runs in the full-totally enclosed chain guard, is to be obtained to the oil circulation of the engine attached around a maximum to abrasion resistance and thus as long a life span as possible.

With this used system it is only necessary that all 80.000km is to be examined the track tension. Further maintenance work does not result.

Furthermore it was made certain that the change is at any time again retreating longwall systemable. No Originalteile are changed. If the vehicle is to receive again the original toothed belt drive, then this is at any time problem-free possible.

The system is built completely by our company into your vehicle.

Available starting from autumn 2006 for all 308 quattrovalvole and 328-Model!!!

Now to note leave!!!

Kettenantriebe for other 308-Modelle inquire you please at us. We advise you gladly also in other technique questions to 308 - and 328-Modellen, call you us simply!!!

~

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a car that sees little mileage I can see chains and guides making sense depending on the upfront costs. It looks expensive. Chains and guides will wear out however and even new they make quite a bit of noise. I guess the tradeoffs come down to personal choice.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
someone with a proper CAD SW and good ruller should be able to pull this together for mfgr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts