Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Regarding improving of your car, this has to be personal choice. Some may like the little bits that i have done and some will hate them. But this is what i have done as well as brand new leather and new paint on the front bumper every year.

After market fueling chips (fitted before i owned the car)
Carbon fiber interior http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79735#post79735
Custom mats.
Momo Race wheel.
Leather inside mirror corners.
Hills gear knob.
Challenge grill (that i am board of and its coming of)
Hills 11mm Wheel spacers all round.
295 tyres.
Painted red calipers.
Metal wing badges ( i was one of the first to use the after market ones 4 years ago)
Capristo.
Wheel coloured painted front grill.
Clear side indicators with LED bulbs.
Xenon head lights. http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8665
LED side lights.
LED brake bulbs.
Under bumper skid plates, although the car has been lowered and they do very little good to protect the bumper.
Brushed alloy fuel filler cap.
Ipod connectivity.
X2 Phoenix gold amps.
Alloy door pins.
Hills slave bearing.
Thats it in a nut shell, do ya thing man:afro:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Create a rear-entry bay large enough to service the belts, timing, and water pump in situ
THAT would be a well, spent modification
rik

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The car is beautiful.

You could replace your ashtray with one of my cupholders.

And I could make you beautiful carpets for that car. What you have now are nice but I can personalize them for you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The biggest improvement I have done is my custom exhaust ........ the car runs consistently cooler the LH intermittent fan runs a lot less .......... I noticed a very noticeable seat of the pants HP gain .............. and it sounds even more F1 than it ever has ............ :D

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The biggest improvement I have done is my custom exhaust ........ the car runs consistently cooler the LH intermittent fan runs a lot less .......... I noticed a very noticeable seat of the pants HP gain .............. and it sounds even more F1 than it ever has ............ :D
Terrific. The drop in heat is a major plus.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Terrific. The drop in heat is a major plus.
+1 ....... I am thinking the factory restrictive exhaust may be a significant contributer to killing the already thin walled 355 exhaust manifolds.

I took my 355 for a drive again last night and the temp gauge did not get past 180° F ............. on a similar night before it would easily get to 190°F ........... and after driving I usually open the engine lid to counter the effects of 'heat soak' ........ the heat emanation is noticeably reduced ........... also as a side note 300 miles and still no CEL .............:D

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
+1 ....... I am thinking the factory restrictive exhaust may be a significant contributer to killing the already thin walled 355 exhaust manifolds.

I took my 355 for a drive again last night and the temp gauge did not get past 180° F ............. on a similar night before it would easily get to 190°F ........... and after driving I usually open the engine lid to counter the effects of 'heat soak' ........ the heat emanation is noticeably reduced ........... also as a side note 300 miles and still no CEL .............:D
I think you may be really onto something here regarding the manifolds.

How hard would it be for you to manufacturer a few more F355 exhausts ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think you may be really onto something here regarding the manifolds.

How hard would it be for you to manufacturer a few more F355 exhausts ?
It would just be time and materials ........ in order to make just the one setup for myself ......... I had to make jigs and fixtures for every component ........ so I would need to buy more materials ........ and get to work ........ :eek: ....... what did you have in mind :)?

IMO the new systems resultant cooler running could make my 360/CS manifolds last longer .......... my originals were fine but they had that dual exit which necessitated the by-pass ........... which was one thing I wanted to get rid of for its temperamental operation and rattling.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There are quite a few F355 owners here who might be interested. Thought you might be able to collect a few orders......
A few more is doable :)!! ......... I am now fabbing new air-box heat shield(s) and a new set of hi-flow air box tops to add to my exhaust mods .......... :)

One thing anyone considering this upgrade would need to address is, which header/manifolds would be utilized ...

1. new 360/CS manifolds can be expensive ... will need air injection rails (if desired).

2. new fabspeed 360 manifolds can be used (not cheap)..... will also need air injection rails (if desired).

3. used 360/CS manifolds can be found and will work great, just add air rails (this is the route I chose).

4. convert existing 355 manifolds (factory or fabspeed) to the larger 360 collector and position.

...... after that one can even add 'test pipes' to the monster gothspeed exhaust ............. :D!!!

The exhaust benefits thus far, are great!

• 40 lbs less hot metal in the engine compartment (compared to stock)

• absolutely no CEL on either 5.2 or 2.7 motronic

• no more troublesome by-pass valve

• 'straight flow through' design with 'cross-scavenge' feature

• solid double digit RWHP gains over my old Capristo and Hyperflow combination

• modest sound at idle and maniacal F1 howl at full throttle ........ :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Removing dark spots on rear near exhaust pipes.

There are some darkened areas in my paint near the rear exhaust pipes that I can not clear up. Is there a certain product I could use? What do you think?

Christiana

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just had the chips in my 2.7 redone in Italy by the guys at Daytona auto in Toronto. WOW! This care was always one of the fastest 355s but it has amazing speed now. The team in Italy are the same onest that program the Ferrari F1 cars and they know what they are doing. My redline is now at 9000 rps and the scream is amazing. The pull is also amazing. This is the way the 355 is supposed to run.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Redline 9000...whew! I put a Dinan chip upgrade in my 3 Series, and what a difference there. It doesn't compete with your F355, so I can only imagine the speed you're getting out of the upgrades :thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Redline 9000...whew! I put a Dinan chip upgrade in my 3 Series, and what a difference there. It doesn't compete with your F355, so I can only imagine the speed you're getting out of the upgrades :thumbsup:
These cars are actually detuned a bit to meet the requirements here in north american. Next will be to increase the airflow to the engine. Gothspeed is doing some big mods on his and some other 355s. I wish he would post some of that on here. BTW excuse my typos on my previous post as when I posted it, I lost my connection and could not edit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts