Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am curious if anyone could provide me with general information regarding the costs/taxes of importing a vehicle from Belgium. I am not planning on doing it at the moment, but it is up for consideration. Also, which ports would you recommend? Thanks,

Alexander

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
How easy it is to do this is very depends on the age of the car. If the car is at least 25 years old, then it is just your shipping and handling costs (couple of thousand) plus duties of 2.5% of the value of the car. If under 25 years old, then it can be very complicated. Suggest you contact Dick Merritt at the DOT (I will see if I can find his number and post it later). You can also contact Victor at BelgoExport in Belgium for more information. He has extensive experience doing this. The website is:

http://www.belgoexports.com/01_home_en.html

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Dick Merritt's numbers at the DOT are:

Phone: 202-366-5300
Fax: 202-493-2266

You will need to leave a message on the phone number and he will normally call you back in a day or two. Dick is very helpful and probably has forgotten more about Ferraris than most of us will ever know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ditto what boxer said . i doesnt pay to import at this time . unless you plan to drive it yourself ,not stay at anyone address and return the car in one year .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts