Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how many F40 owners do we have? I count 6. Boxer, Ingenere, Vulcan F40, Kuzi, DM1 and RufMD. Am I missing anyone?

It seems strange to me that we have such a high ratio of F40 owners compared to that of other models. Take the 308 GTS/GTB for example - Ferrari made 10 times the number of that model than they did the F40, They made more 308s than any other model, it is the most affordable "starter" Ferrari and the one that is easiest for the DIY'er to work on. You'd think we'd have more owners of these cars on this site yet I seem to be the only one who logs on regularly. 0.5% of all F40s are represented on this site. Where are the other 12,148 308 owners?

Not complaining mind you, just an observation. :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I noticed that to be honest. I thought it strange that one of the most common owners on this site are owners of the rare F40 rather than even say the 360 even though there have been more of recent.

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Exactly how many F40 owners do we have? I count 6. Boxer, Ingenere, Vulcan F40, Kuzi, DM1 and RufMD. Am I missing anyone?

It seems strange to me that we have such a high ratio of F40 owners compared to that of other models. Take the 308 GTS/GTB for example - Ferrari made 10 times the number of that model than they did the F40, They made more 308s than any other model, it is the most affordable "starter" Ferrari and the one that is easiest for the DIY'er to work on. You'd think we'd have more owners of these cars on this site yet I seem to be the only one who logs on regularly. 0.5% of all F40s are represented on this site. Where are the other 12,148 308 owners?

Not complaining mind you, just an observation. :)
So Pete, when are you taking delivery of your F40? I think Michelin makes snow tires that will fit it now.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Pete, when are you taking delivery of your F40? I think Michelin makes snow tires that will fit it now.
I think I'll ease into F40 ownership. Maybe I'll do like you and get a couple of boxers and a 550 first. :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete, The last car I bought prior to the F40 was the 308. Since you are already there, now you just need to make the small leap from a 3 liter car without turbos to one with turbos.
That's true, I'm really not that far behind you. Maybe once the garage is done. :) They are installing the lift today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts