Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday
i DROVE a Ferrari for the FIRST time MYSELF :green: :green:
i got too drive a 348 TS, only thing that wasn't so good is that is was raining pretty good at the time that it was my turn, but it was still great
the owner asked me to keep it below 5000 RPM because then the power really kicked in and it could be dangerous at the time since the road was very wet.
I was really suprised how heavy the clutch is and even the brake and gas pedal.
Also shifting is heavy especially going into 2nd. Is that with every 348??
During the drive there came some drops of water inside around the roof side, well i guess we can blame it on beeing an italian car.
also got some wind sounds thru the targa roof over a certain speed, do other GTS owners also have this??

BUT on the other side
it was GREAT and i had a LOT of FUN.
this is also a bad thing for me, well actually more for my wallet :wink:
Now i really want one even more
:work:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Yep - mine doesn't go into 2nd at all until car is nice and warm!!

Dj Dirk said:
Also got some wind sounds thru the targa roof over a certain speed, do other GTS owners also have this??
No - not at all. The seal on mine is excellent - so I get no noticable noise from the roof. Well - none that you can hear above the engine/tyres :green:

Sounds like you had a great time - shame it was wet for you though.

·
Registered
824 Posts
So you wash high from the Dutch mushrooms ?? :wink:

I don't get it yet :nuts: Must be because I am Dutch :green: :eek:ha:

Fun day indeed and nice to see some faces from this forum again. Had a nice weekend anyway with Ferraris every day.

BTW I caught a ride in my favorite Dutch 348. It is the only titanio grey TS wit red interior to my knowledge. Wonderful combo!!!

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bazil said:
Dj Dirk said:
Yep - mine doesn't go into 2nd at all until car is nice and warm!!

Dj Dirk said:
Also got some wind sounds thru the targa roof over a certain speed, do other GTS owners also have this??
No - not at all. The seal on mine is excellent - so I get no noticable noise from the roof. Well - none that you can hear above the engine/tyres :green:

Sounds like you had a great time - shame it was wet for you though.
Thanks Bazil

i was just talking to a friend who has driven a few ferrari's, and he says that it's with all cars that the clucth is heavy and 2nd very hard
Just Lambo is worse

Yeah well i was kinda suprised when i had some water coming in.
and at a certain point i was driving on some back road and pushed to over 130 and i heard some wind noises.
and the kind of noises that would make it from wind entering the car or something

And it's true
i won't forget this ride, and i DEFENITLY want more :green:

·
Registered
48 Posts
how about the contemporary ferraris, do they have a stiff clutch and gas pedal too?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice for you.

Hope I will drive a ferrari in a couple of years from now.

But why do you use weed when you drive a Ferrari ;) :p

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats Dirk!!!
That's Awesome!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Mick said:
how about the contemporary ferraris, do they have a stiff clutch and gas pedal too?
Not a clue - but I did have a (very) little go in a Murcielago, and the clutch/gas were as good as the pedals in my Audi - as was the gearbox.

While I was waiting to pick my car up, I was chatting to one of the mechanics about the clutch/gearbox in my 348, and how it was bad - but not as horrific as that in the Countach.

He fetched the keys to a Murcielago, and told me to get in it and feel the clutch/gear change.

Unbelieveable. Apparantly, the clutch is "power assisted" in some way, the throttle is "fly by wire" (i.e. no direct linkage) and the gearbox is REALLY slick. I was really astonished as I'd expected the clutch to be a two footed job!!

Not having driven one of the newest Ferraris, I'd also be interested to see what they're like.

Bazil

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct Bazil

my friend told me that the clutches on the F40 and the Diablo are pretty heavy, but that the Countach is the worse one
You practically have to use both hand to get it in gear, even when it's warm.
He's also driven a Modena but with F1 paddles so i don't know how hard the clutch is there??
Any modena owner feel like commenting on that one?? especially one with a manual gearbox?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I owned a 360 manual (Stick shift) before my current 360 which is an F1, so I guess I can comment on the clutch question.. The clutch is reasonable light compaired to say a Diablo (The clutch from the devil) or a better comparison a 355 (My First Ferrari!), but it still tends to get heavy in traffic and you end up with a good leg work out by the end of a drive down 880 or 101 here in the bay area. When I bought my 360 F1 I was very suprised how much I liked the F1 gearbox, it's actually takes some practice to get the upshifts right especially at low speeds (Downshifts are a dream, the sound is so cool) The faster you go the better the F1 changes gear (It actually changes faster over 5000RPM in sport mode) which is little incentive for keeping to the speed limits (I tend to use them as a minimum speed allowed indicator rather then the maximum) All in all I'd say the F1 is a great option if you do any real driving in traffic.

Dermot

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOW now i'm high !!

I just got a tour in a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (as passenger) and the guy driving, turned to me and said "Lets see if I can make you pee in you'r pants" and then he shited in to 1st still holding the brake, got it up to 2700 rpm and then in a nano sec. he stepped of the brake and floored the accelerator. My heart nearly stopped. The only thing that is better then this, is to be behind the wheel(i think).

Cheers
Bo Sørensen

·
Registered
106 Posts
The only thing that is better then this, is to be behind the wheel(i think).

Just one question Demox: Never seen a woman? :lol:
It is a little bit like peeing in your pants, but a little bit less stressfull :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think it is best to have a drive in that car yourself, then turn home, put your keys on the table and say hi G/F or wife. Let's go upstairs, Let's see how you handle that shifter

:lol:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Offcourse it was. Man, let my drive a few rounds in it next to somebody. I won't need sex for at least one day :D

Kidding. Dude, that is a great car. I wish I were you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts