Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally, my hands are shaking.

I just bought an 89 348tb. Thanks to Nightlife, I had the courage ( hope it does not turn out to be stupidity in my case ) to buy sight unseen.

Did have the PPI done and the mechanic was impressed- could only find a few small cosmetic issues that will not be hard to fix. i.e. windows slow, the last owner installed a radio that does not allow cover to close etc.

Now the fun - transportation, insurance, banking etc. begin.

I have not even told my wife - she will find out when it shows up!

I have appreciated all the help and advise people have given me to get this far.

When my new mistress arrives. I am certain to be asking you experienced folk for more help!..

Greg

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
wow, congratulations!

glad to see that Roberto is spreading the happiness hehehehe

·
Registered
250 Posts
I heard that Ferrari's made form the 1960's to the 1980's are considered to be the most valuable (vintage), is this true?

Congratulations from me also on the purchase of 348 TB!
Push it down to the wire:rofl:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not Vintage

Hi Julian4.
Cannot speak of all the models in the time frame that you quote.
However, for the 348, the later GTB,GTS and Spider models are more sought after.
The earlier ones reportedly had many problems - thus is is surprising that this one checked out so good.
When it gets delivered ( about one month ) I will do my best to push it to the limit - but I am sure that much like my 600 cc sportbike that it is more machine than I am driver.

Greg

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations! That smile may never leave your face :D Can't wait to see some pictures:)

Chris

·
Registered
402 Posts
:eek:

Will this new baby of yours replace the old one (wife)...kiddin :p

Grats on your new Ferrari, you will not regret it. Take your wife for a ride and she shall forgive ya. Drive it like ya mean it!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats Greg! I agree with you on the performance aspect. My personal limits are reached well before that of the Ferrari.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi Julian4.
Cannot speak of all the models in the time frame that you quote.
However, for the 348, the later GTB,GTS and Spider models are more sought after.
The earlier ones reportedly had many problems - thus is is surprising that this one checked out so good.
When it gets delivered ( about one month ) I will do my best to push it to the limit - but I am sure that much like my 600 cc sportbike that it is more machine than I am driver.

Greg
Congratulations. I am not that surprised on that it checked out well. A few good owners would have had all the issues sorted years ago. Drive and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I am humbled

Literally, my hands are shaking.

I just bought an 89 348tb. Thanks to Nightlife, I had the courage ( hope it does not turn out to be stupidity in my case ) to buy sight unseen.

Did have the PPI done and the mechanic was impressed- could only find a few small cosmetic issues that will not be hard to fix. i.e. windows slow, the last owner installed a radio that does not allow cover to close etc.

Now the fun - transportation, insurance, banking etc. begin.

I have appreciated all the help and advise people have given me to get this far.

When my new mistress arrives. I am certain to be asking you experienced folk for more help!..

Greg
I'm so glad I was able to help in your decision and as long as you stay informed from such great sites like this one your experience will be a great one

As Boxer said most of the quirks of the early models are usually taken care of by previous owners and if they are not you will have a blast working on her, there is nothing more therapeutic then working on and or cleaning your very own Ferrari.

Welcome to the brotherhood...:cool:

You know won a Ferrari..:D ... this will sink in just a few days..;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Few Days?

Night Life,
Thanks to this activity today, I too am obtaining a nightlife. I cannot sleep - too many thoughts in my brain!
I still cannot believe it and on the other hand I wonder - What have I done! :eek:

I know that without you sharing your experience that I would not have had the guts to jump in. Thanks:)
Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
:thumbup: Congrats Greg that shaking feeling and adrelanin is not going to let up - its nearly a year since I got my First F-Car, and wow it feels amazing everytime.

Can't wait for the pics and the commentry of when you let the Wife know. I am sure your family will be over joyed and immensely proud. Congrats Again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The title "I'm shaking..." caught my attention. That is normal these cars do that. They continue to do it every time you get in the car too.

You will not be disappointed. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I can't wait until I get that feeling one day :D

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Night Life,
Thanks to this activity today, I too am obtaining a nightlife. I cannot sleep - too many thoughts in my brain!
I still cannot believe it and on the other hand I wonder - What have I done! :eek:

I know that without you sharing your experience that I would not have had the guts to jump in. Thanks:)
Greg
HA HA HA looks like I'm dyselexic when I type too that was suppose to say

You know own a Ferrari not won HA HA HA HA :D :D :D anyhoo Your welcome any time

Make sure you take lots of pics when she arrives

Ps when are you planning on telling the Mrs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations :)
Being a "new" first Ferrari owner myself, I know what it feels like - IT's a GREAT feeling :rofl: :rofl:
Use it as much as possible and you will enjoy it more and more.
I have just been to Holland (from Denmark) - Viva Italia on Assen TT race track with mine. All 1300 km. covered was great fun, and on the track it performed very well, only you can not hang on to an F40 in a 348 TS ...:confused:
I am sure the wife will forgive you ;) She will "get the bug" also !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wife Answers

It is not that Karen - my matrimonial unit - does not know that I am looking for a Ferrari. It is just that she is sick of hearing me talk about it and asking her to look at photos of cars for sale.

I finally told her that she would find out when it showed up. Naturally Karen did not believe me. Well papers are signed, transport company contacted ( 4 week wait .....).

So the bank knows ( real cute teller wants me to bring it by.....), transport company, stock broker, dealer and you guys know.

The excitement is killing me for my father is asking ( He is waiting for his newly acquired 1960 DeSoto to arrive - not my thing but he is excited ) as is my brother, co-workers and customers - basically everyone who knew I was in the hunt.

I will probably break down when all the paperwork is in the transport companies hands.

BTW - the hands are not shaking but I have been smiling WAY more than usual.
It is sinking in even though I cannot believe I am one of you luck ones - A Ferrari owner.

Greg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats!! Nice car to start off ownership. You certainly are going to have a fun summer!!!!

May you enjoy many miles of smiles :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Now we can count the months before your wife starts refering to your beloved Ferrari as "that damn car of yours". :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts