Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, I'm driving a Ferrari down a straight road.
So I start initially from neutral to first gear, up to second gear, then up to third. Then, I see a junction to the right. I want to make a right. Now here's the questions:

1) Can I go from third to neutral straight away when I decide to make a right turn? Or should I slow down, nearing the junction, and downshift to first?

2) If I downshift to first from third, wouldn't the car jerk badly? And;

3) Won't the gearbox be damaged if I do that? A friend told me that the gearbox configuration is in racing type, so it wouldn't be damaged. But he don't have a Ferrari himself, so I want to know it straight from people who drives 'The Beast'.

That's all. This all has been bothering me for quite a while. I'm gathering as much information as possible, for I will own a Ferrari as my first car. Or else I'd rather walk, take the tube, bus, cab, cycle, etc.

-inv-

·
Registered
151 Posts
Say, I'm driving a Ferrari down a straight road.
So I start initially from neutral to first gear, up to second gear, then up to third. Then, I see a junction to the right. I want to make a right. Now here's the questions:

1) Can I go from third to neutral straight away when I decide to make a right turn? Or should I slow down, nearing the junction, and downshift to first?

2) If I downshift to first from third, wouldn't the car jerk badly? And;

3) Won't the gearbox be damaged if I do that? A friend told me that the gearbox configuration is in racing type, so it wouldn't be damaged. But he don't have a Ferrari himself, so I want to know it straight from people who drives 'The Beast'.

That's all. This all has been bothering me for quite a while. I'm gathering as much information as possible, for I will own a Ferrari as my first car. Or else I'd rather walk, take the tube, bus, cab, cycle, etc.

-inv-
Inv,

Why do you think you would drive a Ferrari any differently onthe Queen's highway than you any other car?, Quickshifting is meant for the Race Track...Drive sensibly and safely and you'll not need to worry about the car jerking or damage to the gearbox.

If you want advice about cornering on a race track, then that's a different matter, Learning about heel & toe, quickshifting, engine braking and lots of other tricks is pretty important but not for the road - You'll get us all tarred with the same brush.

Argento

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why do you think you would drive a Ferrari any differently on the Queen's highway than you any other car?... If you want advice about cornering on a race track, then that's a different matter...Argento
+1 Take it to the track if you want spirited driving. It is the proper place and tracking your Ferrari is a great way to educate and hone your driving skills. Joe and Jane Q. Public are generally clueless and public roads are hazardous enough as it is without dangerous drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts