Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Did you miss me?

As usual I’ve been away for some time. That’s me, sometimes you can’t get rid of me and then I’ll be gone for quit some time. Forgive for that. A lot has happened lately. I just bought a new home and I hope to move to it in a few months. I’m still working on the start of my own business and I already had some customers…

But that’s not the reason I post today. I need help.
I’m hired to help in a very nice project, help rebuilding a F355GTB. It’s in de shop of my brother in law. Because he doesn’t have experience with F-cars, he asked me to help him (Because of my hobby I know a lot he thinks. I’m not going to argue :roll: ).
I’m not getting my hands dirty (to bad), because my boss doesn’t want to pay for my hobby :wink:
My task is to get as much info as possible. What parts we need, how much they cost and things like the code for the paintjob.
I’m also asked to find more info on the cars history, but not until the deal is done. See that’s the biggest problem. He’s not going to buy, rebuild and sell ( :cry: selling is not my idear) the car if he can’t make any profit. It might also be that he’s going to sell the car as a project car (I ask him not to part out the car… …and he agreed).

I know that the car is original Belgium and already had some damage repairs done before. This year it was brought to the Netherlands and got a Dutch license plate. Then the owner took it for a spin while the road was still wet. He spun and landed in the guardrail. So very sad.

Now it’s in the shop and I hope we got to do the project. First thing I have to find out; is this project worth the stress? For me it is, but for the shop (they have to make money)? So, guys. Can you give me some feedback on doing this project…

These are the first pics of the car. I got some more and I’ll post them soon. I also forgot to get the SN. I’ll write it down a.s.a.p.

And tell me, isn’t life fun!
Marcos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
It looks like that almost every panel is damaged, and maybe even some engine damage. How about the chassis? You can buy panels and put them on there, and have the car reprayed, but I think you will not make a profit out of it... Rebuilt Ferrari's just don't fetch a much money as a perfect one

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine still works, but one of the exhaustpipes is broken. The exhaust system will need to be replaced. Also one of the airboxes left it's position on impact. This one only need to be fixed back to it's original position.

Damage to the chassis is very minor. We should be able to fix it.

Althought damage looks very bad, it's not as bad as we thought it would be. But repairs have to be done perfectly, otherwise it's better to start parting out.

At this point we decided to take the car to the Ferrari Bodyshop for some feedback. They can give us the advice we need. Maybe (if they give a good price), we're going to let them do the rebuilding (to bad for me)...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, here are some more pics. Again forgot about the SN...

Sad detail. Somebody has put the broken part inside the car. At the interieur pic you can see that some interieur panels are damaged.

Does anybody know if it's posible to fix the leather, or do we need to replace the panels?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts