Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
308 QV ignition trouble - can you help me?

Hi, I drove with my 308 QV and the engine suddenly stopped. When I start again, engine cranks but doesn´t start. I check the engine and I found, on the spark plugs is not spark. On the input of spark coils is electric current, but on the output no more. All engine sensors (TDC, engine speed) should be o. k. On the ignition is also electric current. With fuel is all o. k. There is probably trouble with some electric. Can you write me, where can be problem?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I drove with my 308 QV and the engine suddenly stopped. When I start again, engine cranks but doesn´t start. I check the engine and I found, on the spark plugs is not spark. On the input of spark coils is electric current, but on the output no more. All engine sensors (TDC, engine speed) should be o. k. On the ignition is also electric current. With fuel is all o. k. There is probably trouble with some electric. Can you write me, where can be problem?
The coils are actually in a pack correct? Is there just one input for the pack? It sure sounds to me like a bad coil pack.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your answer! I think it is correct, but I will check it again. At present shows all that bad is ignition module: MED803A from Magneti Marelli. Is there some alternative from another producer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
308 QV with no Spark

Don't you have 2 coils and two Ignition Control Modules? My 81 308 GTSi does and I thought that the QVs did too. If you have lost the spark on both coils, you have a common-mode problem, probably upstream. Take a short High Tension lead, plug it into the coils, one at a time and get someone to crank the engine while holding the middle of the lead with the non-coil end about 1/2" from ground (the cam-cover). If you nave no spark on either coil, check the fuses. It's unlikely that both ICMs would go at the same time. Did anything suspicious happen when the engine quit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you very much, I have of course two coils and two ignition modules. There is no spark on both coils. Fuses are o. k.
No suspicious I heard, but it happened around 6 000 RPM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Schematic

Do you have an electrical schematic? Do you have a voltmeter? I have a schematic, but I purchased it, so I cannot send you a copy. I can, however send you his name. You send him a payment (Paypal) and he sends you a password to download the files. You will need a digital voltmeter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts