Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.well as of monday me and my father will be proud ferrari owners. my father has always wanted a 308 and i have always wanted a car that we could play with together. as a kid we had a 68' charger that my dad broke a pushrod in a dragrace. anyway i came along and it sat unfixed for nearly 15 years. after much naging by my mom it was sold to a mopar restorer. now after a move and 7 years he got a itch for a play car for himself but my dad being the unselfinsh guy he is did not want anything that could not be enjoyed by everyone in the family. A JEEP!! is what he wanted. anyway about 8 months ago i noticed a red 308 in a dealer window that i pass every day on the way home from work. so 2 weeks ago i go in and ask what they wanted. 29,500. after some haggling i got them to go 25,000 out the door. so a few days later i brought my dad in to have a look at what i had found and he forgot about that jeep in a second. and i said i wanted to pay half so he would be buying a 79' 308 for $12,000. thats a thing you dont pass up. for a 24 year old car she is beautiful. needs a few odds and ends but the 17" speedline 3 pc wheels that come with her and the badges on the fenderd really set her off. i have never gotten so many looks from girls and guys while driving. it was a intoxicating feeling that my 22 year old ego really liked. i will attach a pic as soon i as i can. again i look forward to learning more than i have in the two weeks i have been researching these cars. even though my 400hp rx7 is a rocket compared to that 308, like they say there is nothing like a ferrari. thanks JOE BROSSEAU

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Joe,
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum!

There are a few guys on here that know A LOT about the 308 so if you have any questions be sure and ask. I had a few minor issues with my '79 and the guys here were a huge help.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hello Joe!

Don't hesitate to join the Northwest Region of the Ferrari Club of America. It is a very large and active region with many things and events to do throughout the year. I'm a member of the Western Canada Region and participate often with them.

Looking forward to seeing your car in person... :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as soon as the deal is finalized i will look into that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have my toys and it is about time my dad stoped listening to my mom and spent some money on himself. i am just glad to be a part of the process. i also have a 90' RX-7 turbo that makes 350+hp and a 01' suzuki gsx1300r hayabusa that i put a race exhaust and cams in and will do a tick under 200mph. i just got a gps so i can verify my 200 mph run when it happens. so as you can see from my growing toy list i dont plan on marrying any time soon,lol.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You want to go 200 mph. Sorry but my machine will only go 199 mph. Not 200 mph. Sorry.

:x

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"so a son cant give you something nice"??? im confused. i am the son. lol :green:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey bart is that a 550 or 575? either way that is one of the sexiest cars ever in my opinion. :D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Joe congrats man

and wow your 22 and have a ferrari now, that's incredible.
Hope you enjoy here when you go and pick this beauty up
Hope to hear from you more

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh you will hear lots from me im sure. i like to absoeb all the knowledge i can. i spent two weeks learning about 308's before walking into the dealer. and they admitted that when they see a guy my age they dont think to much. but when it turned out that i had learned more about 308's than they did it really turned the game in my favor. this is the best 12 grand i have ever spent.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
that most have been great seeing the look on the face of that sales man
and well ofcourse that's the best $12.000 that you have spend.
Who can say that they bought a Ferrari for that price in these days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts