Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a Ferrari and was thinking of buying one. Any help would be appreciated.

I am wondering if the Testarossa will ever go up in value? It seems to be at a bottom (price wise) and I wanted to buy a vehicle that looks good, fun to drive and may have a chance to go up in value in the future. Looking for something in the 100k range or lower.

The other car I am considering is a (80's) Porsche 930 slant nose.

Any opinions welcomed or would like to hear about other vehicles that may fit my buying profile.

Thank you,

Dan B.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Dan,

Welcome! Obvouisly I'd go for the testarossa, prices are at the bottom end indeed and good ones can start to rise in value in the not so distant future. But considering the production numbers (7000+) it will not rise dramaticly. But they will not fall either.

Good luck with the search, drive both, decide which one really gets your heart beating and go for it. Also have a look at the buyers guide section of this site for valuable information, and with a testarossa it can really be valuable, preventing spending big maintance /restoring $$$$ on a bad example.

Regards,
Louis

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I think the Testarossa will go up in value, but not sure if it will happen anytime soon.

We discussed this in another topic, which Ferraris will go up in value, perhaps if you do a search in the forum you can find it.

BTW: I don't like the slant nose, so I'd go for the F-car if I was you, but that's just MHO

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Both cars are unlikely to cost you any depreciation money. Buy what you like, not what value you expect to gain from it. I can guarantee that both cars are very, very, very different to drive (even though I've driven neither). Try and find a decent example of both and then decide what you like best! When you own it, you never think about the value it's got - you think about the value it's giving you!

Note that I'm not saying you should buy the Testarossa - I like Porsches too. But it is a very different statement you make with a 930. So, just go with what feels right.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts