Ferrari Life Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was a beautiful warm morning in LA,and myb 366 had been warmed up,and shined up as I was going for a cruise. There is a straight away near where I live 4 lanes across, and I"m feeling a bit frisky, there is no one in front or behind me, just that wide open world ahead. When the light turned green, iI just had the itch to hit it, and feel the glory. I'm just about to blast up to 3rd, and what do I see on my right? About 10 chp's (CA Highway Patrol) standing with a group of students. Here I am screaming right by, and they all turn to see me, and I just about ------- my pants!! I could see out of the corner of my eye one of the officers turning to me, his clipbook flying in the air,then reaching for his walkie talkie. I was very close to the on ramp for a freeway, and most likely he thought I was going there, and called out for someone to nail me! So I turned onto a small side street,and took a less obvious route, looking in my rear view every second. I felt like a convict, and was on thr run! I take that street all the time, it s my main exit out of the area. Can they fo anything about it now? What if one of them see's me while they are in patrol car, am I introuble?

wanted,
christiana:confused:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm not American and don't know Californian law, but I think it'll be difficult for them to do anything about it. It'll be difficult to positively ID you (they may have the license plate but who was behind the wheel is a different matter), and they don't know exactly which speed you were driving and furthermore have no way of proving it if they did.

A similar thing happened to me in Holland last summer. I was with a mate, we were doing close to twice the legal limit on a deserted, straight, road. Two cops were setting up their radar equipment but they were not ready by the time we came by. They jumped on the road, we slowed down and I actually stopped 50m after their radar gun but they didn't even approach me to give me a warning. Even though they would have been able to find out who I was by asking for my license, they didn't bother because they couldn't have given me a ticket that would have held up in court anyway.

I hope it all works out for you.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
No, once they lose sight of you they can't prove it was you driving. They probably didn't get your license # either so they can't even prove it was your car. If they see you again they might pull you over and ask you a few questions. Do not admit anything.

Lay low for a couple of days and obey the speed limits and traffic laws..

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Take off to Arizona and hide out with all the people in the Federal Witness Protection program. CHP can't cross the state line.

Seriously, if they did not pull you over before you got home, you should be fine. Once the car is stopped and you are out of the drivers seat, they can not prove who was driving. However, I would take it easy for the next week or two, they probably have an alert out to watch for a yellow F355.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hahaha...I'm imagining you communing wit nature, hiding in a cave, peering out, face painted with mud, heart pounding, eating insects for the next few days. Is the Ferrari burried under branches? Put a car cover on first...we don't want scratches

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hahaha...I'm imagining you communing wit nature, hiding in a cave, peering out, face painted with mud, heart pounding, eating insects for the next few days. Is the Ferrari burried under branches? Put a car cover on first...we don't want scratches
This would probably be best. Take your son with you, you can tell him that you and he are going "camping" for a little while. Don't tell him that you are a fugitive. :)

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Shakes you up a little doesn't it! Never mind, put perspective on it - nobody got hurt, what is the worse that can happen? I take it you don't have stationary speed cameras on this street?

I agree with the others, if you made it home without incident than you should be OK, lie low for a while and explore a different route if you feel the urge to go cruising!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Give the Ferrari to me, and take my Chevy Cobalt the police will never catch you:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Give the Ferrari to me, and take my Chevy Cobalt the police will never catch you:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chris
Yeah but Chris, how long would it be before the police are looking for you? :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yeah but Chris, how long would it be before the police are looking for you? :)
I wouldn't care. I would have my dream Ferrari:D :D :D :D

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
So it was a beautiful warm morning in LA,and myb 366 had been warmed up,and shined up as I was going for a cruise. There is a straight away near where I live 4 lanes across, and I"m feeling a bit frisky, there is no one in front or behind me, just that wide open world ahead. When the light turned green, iI just had the itch to hit it, and feel the glory. I'm just about to blast up to 3rd, and what do I see on my right? About 10 chp's (CA Highway Patrol) standing with a group of students. Here I am screaming right by, and they all turn to see me, and I just about ------- my pants!! I could see out of the corner of my eye one of the officers turning to me, his clipbook flying in the air,then reaching for his walkie talkie. I was very close to the on ramp for a freeway, and most likely he thought I was going there, and called out for someone to nail me! So I turned onto a small side street,and took a less obvious route, looking in my rear view every second. I felt like a convict, and was on thr run! I take that street all the time, it s my main exit out of the area. Can they fo anything about it now? What if one of them see's me while they are in patrol car, am I introuble?

wanted,
christiana:confused:
I fully understand your fear, but let me repsond in 2 ways:

1. Philosophically: Forget about it and do not bother your mind with possible things which may happen but statistically will almost never happen. Get peace of mind and if you can not then concentrate on the Meteorit which in 1hour ans 2 minutes will hit the L.A. bay.

2. Realistically: Nobody have seen you...nobody. It was just your imaginantion, also your story in the web...it's a ferrytale isn't it ?:eek:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I fully understand your fear, but let me repsond in 2 ways:

1. Philosophically: Forget about it and do not bother your mind with possible things which may happen but statistically will almost never happen. Get peace of mind and if you can not then concentrate on the Meteorit which in 1hour ans 2 minutes will hit the L.A. bay.

2. Realistically: Nobody have seen you...nobody. It was just your imaginantion, also your story in the web...it's a ferrytale isn't it ?:eek:
Sorry, I just wanted to say that be careful withhin the net.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Relax

Its really more about the intent you had at the time. If you took a different route to avoid/evade the police, that could be problematic assuming you had reason to know you were being sought. But the fact is, you do not know that and you were not requested to pull over...no lights, no sirens. If that is the case, your actions are defensible.

WJG

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Its really more about the intent you had at the time. If you took a different route to avoid/evade the police, that could be problematic assuming you had reason to know you were being sought. But the fact is, you do not know that and you were not requested to pull over...no lights, no sirens. If that is the case, your actions are defensible.

WJG
Excellent point. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I still like Lane's idea of her hiding out in a cave and living off the land. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all your advice, all ok!

Hey guys first of all, just noticed my typo - 355 not 366, sorry lousy typist,

Well I did'nt take my son out to a cave over Easter weekend, but it was a good idea. Seems to be working for Bin Ladin. I have just kept things cool, drove my bug for a day, and have changed my regular route for the time being. So far so good. like you said, I'm sure they put the word out for a yellow 355, so I won't be tearing around town.
I had better get to a track and an instructor like Boxer advised. The car is so amazing, it's tough to drive her in a conservative fashion. I think hitting the track will a good thing for both of us.
I think the closest track to me here in California is a place called Willow Springs. I'm looking forward to it, but have no idea what to expect. I want to get the first time jitters over with, and can't wait to fly on that flat surface. 120 is the top speed I have experienced in one of my previous 911's, but that was on a straight away. i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your comments, you guys are great!
Christiana

PS I do like chevy;s, but would prefer a 1967 corvette with black /red tuxudo exterior. Have you seen any of these around lately"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

Well I did'nt take my son out to a cave over Easter weekend, but it was a good idea. Seems to be working for Bin Ladin. I have just kept things cool, drove my bug for a day, and have changed my regular route for the time being. So far so good. like you said, I'm sure they put the word out for a yellow 355, so I won't be tearing around town.
I had better get to a track and an instructor like Boxer advised. The car is so amazing, it's tough to drive her in a conservative fashion. I think hitting the track will a good thing for both of us.
I think the closest track to me here in California is a place called Willow Springs. I'm looking forward to it, but have no idea what to expect. I want to get the first time jitters over with, and can't wait to fly on that flat surface. 120 is the top speed I have experienced in one of my previous 911's, but that was on a straight away. i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your comments, you guys are great!
Christiana

PS I do like chevy;s, but would prefer a 1967 corvette with black /red tuxudo exterior. Have you seen any of these around lately"
I see 60s corvettes around all the time.....of course I'm in Detroit.;)

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Great, a fashion designer with poor attention to detail. What next!? :) :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Since pete broke the ice

i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns,
Im just guessing here but "you bet your 355 is going to be kicking butt carving those turns"

Sorry, thats the bastage speaking. He just can't resist a poke.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.