Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my 550 is more fun when there is another in the car. Tomorrow I will be driving to Las Vegas, which is a little under 300 miles. My family of four is taking a short vacation and we are using my wife’s car. A 612 will solve both problems. As a 2 + 2 (two men in front and two women in the back – size wise) offers the smoothness of a V-12 with the carrying capacity of four. Of course, I would not ride in the rear.

I can save a large amount of money by buying a model with the clutch. Also, my waiting period will be less since the demand is with the hand paddle transmission.

Hummm...........

8)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
No offence, but I hope the wifes are not too big. I saw the thing an I bet I can't even get my shoes between the seats

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
that's not true Bob

if a really short guy would be driving the car, and the seats is in it's most front position then you would be able to sit in the back :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
So when can we expect delivery Bart?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Bart - don't do it!!!

Much as I make fun of your obsession - your 550 is gorgeous and the 612 is, errrr, well, not!!

Send the wives on the train!!! :green:

·
Registered
900 Posts
The 550 is more of a timeless design than the 612. Just go out there and get another 550. 2 preowned 550's for the price of a new 612 can't be beat. And you can brag about owning 2 V12's...which is really like a V24! :eek: Amazing ain't it? :green:

:work:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heck, I will never sell my 550. My dealer gets its first one sometime Sept.

Will see!

:nuts:

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 612 is a great automobile. I was up close to a 612 in February, but I didn't get to sit in it. Ferrari advertises it as having more room than a standard 2 + 2. No doubt it will be a tight fit in back; but riding back there shouldn't be too bad. I'd like to hear more people using '4 people' and 'Ferrari' in the same sentence. Hopefully the 612 can fulfill this for me;) I have ridden in some pretty small back seats before and since the 612 has a bigger cabin, it should have more room.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well, all the article's you read say it's a lot bigger and that you can sit comfortly in the back
but after seeing the space in the back i still have a hard time believing that it would be comfortable in a long drive

·
Registered
322 Posts
If I had an 550 i would keep it and than get a 575. But thats me. I like the extra power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts