Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am about to become a first time Ferrari owner, but I am having difficulty finding and buying car insurance for a Ferrari. None of the "mainstream" car insurance companies here in the United States will give me a quote on insuring a Ferrari. Here are my details: The car is a Gallio Modena 1999 F355 GTB, 6-speed that will be insured in Colorado, USA. So does anyone have any ideas on where I could buy some insurance for this car?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have State Farm for my Maranello. I am restricted to 7,500 miles per year. With full coverage, my cost is $1,250 per year. Something is wrong if State Farm will not give you a quote.

:)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have Hagerty. My other vehicles are with Allstate, and I also got a quote for my Ferraris. Also get a comparison from Grundys.
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Wow Bart, that is great. I have State Farm for my other cars, but in NJ for my Ferrari I would have been paying 4 times what you pay.

I did once submit a claim with State Farm and they were outstanding. My 911 was stolen when I lived in Los Angeles. State Farm never argued with me, they just made things right as quickly as possible. I am happy with Hagerty so far, but I have gone through the worst with State Farm and they performed way beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, I feel lucky.

I got it insured (in Holland, so can't compare to the US situation) as a classic. Limited to 7500 km per year (which might be a problem, since I have done more than half of that during my first six weeks of ownership).

Price: 3rd party for 57 euro per year (so $74) and full coverage for 340 euro per year ($440).

Hans
:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts