Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the OBD II codes for my F355 Spider? I have access to a OBD II reader, but the code numbers are a puzzle. I found a posting on a chat site for the "360" codes. I'm not so sure they are the same.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Sorry I don't have those. You would need the software that came with Ferrari's SD1 system which was used for the F355s. From my understanding to decode them you need this, not just any OBDII reader. Speaking to a Ferrari mechanic the other day he was telling me this. According to him you need some kind of "key" that plugs in via USB to decode Ferraris encryption. I was also told that SD2 will be available to the public next year but costly no doubt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I was able to read the "P" codes. I have the codes for the 360, and the descriptions seam to be close to the problems I've experienced. The Ferrari OBD II test device just takes those codes and displays the info on the device, so you don't have to look them up on a list. In addition you can do some special testing, like cycling the top program without actually cycling the top. In any case there is also a printed list of the "P" codes. That is what I need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simon,
Thanks for the help, however this is the older "flashing light" type code data. The newer OBD II test device actually shows alpha/numeric codes on a display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts