Ferrari Life Forum banner

41 - 60 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dave

What's happening with your project restoration thread?
Hi Howard,

That project has been put on a temporary hold as I picked up this car and it has minimal needs and want to get it sorted over the next 8 weeks. I'll be back to the other project around December but I will be stripping and powder coating the engine bay panels soon as I will be doing that for both cars at the same time.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Dave

Is the front bumper too heavy for one person to remove and replace?

I've done the rear bumper by myself 4 times now - no issue.

This is the first front bumper I had done and my dad came over to help me. It probably could be done with one person but it's much safer with two.

PS, I read threads stating to remove the trunk liner - this is false - you don't need to remove the liner. The nuts inside the trunk can be exposed thru the seams of the side liner to the front (bottom). No need to remove it, just remove the holding bars and spread the seams apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Howard,

That project has been put on a temporary hold as I picked up this car and it has minimal needs and want to get it sorted over the next 8 weeks. I'll be back to the other project around December but I will be stripping and powder coating the engine bay panels soon as I will be doing that for both cars at the same time.
Blimey
How many 355's have you got?
Btw...are you aware of the Gothspeed uprated CV boot heatshields that are available now?
Fitted them to my M2.7.... Muuuuch better than the crap oem

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Blimey
How many 355's have you got?
Btw...are you aware of the Gothspeed uprated CV boot heatshields that are available now?
Fitted them to my M2.7.... Muuuuch better than the crap oem

I now have 3. See my sig.

Yes, aware of Goth's shields - they look great - Goth is an innovative guy for sure. But, I'm a bit of a purist so have no plans to add them at this time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just a comment. As you point out, the end of the axil shaft is not threaded and the deformable part of the nut is soft. Thus, there is not need to pry out punch mark. Just put the impact wrench on and let her rip. Done it many, well quite a few, times.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Just a comment. As you point out, the end of the axil shaft is not threaded and the deformable part of the nut is soft. Thus, there is not need to pry out punch mark. Just put the impact wrench on and let her rip. Done it many, well quite a few, times.
Well, that is true, John. But, I did not want to beat up the axle shaft keyway.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
John, taken just for you :)

I'd love to see you spin this off without undeforming it first ;)

Note, I did not install these. I believe these are factory. (Front axle)

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
John, taken just for you :)

I'd love to see you spin this off without undeforming it first ;)

Note, I did not install these. I believe these are factory. (Front axle)
They are certainly punched a lot deeper than mine were on either the 355 rear or the 308 front, and punched only on one side. Can't speak to the 355, but I know my 308 was original.

I would agree that those would have to be pried out.

41 - 60 of 268 Posts