Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote some stuff in another thread that I think deserves its own legs. I've been an owner for 3 weeks now and have come to wonder how others compensate for the idiocy we are confronted with every time we drive our beloved machines.
It goes like this:

"Please don't equate my Ferrari with "that Muscle". I'm so tired of hearing that question "what are you compensating for, tehehe" or "Mid Life crisis ehh" or for feeling guilty because I own one. I bought my Ferrari because I love the cars and have for as long as I can remember. I saw my first 348 in July of 1992 and decided then to dedicate my life to owning one. It sucks that I happen to be middle aged when I finally get around to realizing that dream. Not because I'm to old to enjoy it, but because it provides fuel to people that don't understand. I'm considering heavy tint on windows to prevent jerks from seeing me in my driver's seat. Screw'em all and get their Friggen mini vans outta my way."

·
Registered
402 Posts
I too am reaching almost the halfway mark of my life, and at this point I have my own character and really do not care for what other people may think or comment about how I live my life or spend my money.

All I know is I have worked hard all my life, endured sacrifices, and saved every penny in order to achieve my dreams. Happiness is the pursuit of your dreams in a fruitfull manner.

First I got married, got myself a house, then my dream car. That is all. If anyone claims the we are compensating or suffering a mid-life crisis, then they are the unfortunate ones.

We have already achieved success and are just enjoying the fruits of our labor. I say, let them make comments, for deep inside they are wishing it was them in the seat of that nice shiny ferrari.
:D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I've been an owner for 3 weeks now and have come to wonder how others compensate for the idiocy we are confronted with every time we drive our beloved machines.
I usually blow it off and tell them, "Yeah, well, you know, if you're not packing then you better have some money and a fancy car."

But seriously, I'm like you, I didn't get the car to impress others, I got it to please myself. I'm married and I'm sure my wife would agree that impressing women is low on my list of priorities. She's not impressed with most of the things I do. As for the car, generally I get positive responses. It is a fairly rare and instantly recognisable car so people will usually approach me and ask questions about it. The usual stuff, "Is it a kit or a real one?", "How fast does it go?", etc. I'll always spend a few minutes talking with them.

But it is not usually women who come up to me to talk, it is men. Women will look over and keep on their way (of course that could be once they see me, they are probably the ones giggling and wondering about my "package"), but the guys will come over and talk and want to know all about the car. I think if you are gay then the Ferrari would be the best car to pick up guys in. Women driving Ferraris is a straight guy magnet. On the rare occasions when I let my wife drive the Ferrari we get much more head turning. I just sit in the passenger seat with that smug grin because I know they are all thinking, "Wow, that guy must be packing to have a chick with a Ferrari driving him around." :)

One thing that was funny was when we got our dog about 3 years ago and my wife was at work and I thought I'd give the new puppy a ride in the car. The ride went pretty well and I could tell she was a car dog. The ride was over when she started chewing on the leather center console. When my wife came home I told her I had taken the dog for a Ferrari ride. She said, "That's nice." My sister-in-law was there and when I left the room she told my wife, "Are you going to let him take the dog out in that car?" My wife was like, "Why wouldn't I?" My sister-in-law said, "Think about it. A man with a red Ferrari and a puppy?"

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
But it is not usually women who come up to me to talk, it is men. Women will look over and keep on their way (of course that could be once they see me, they are probably the ones giggling and wondering about my "package"), but the guys will come over and talk and want to know all about the car. I think if you are gay then the Ferrari would be the best car to pick up guys in. Women driving Ferraris is a straight guy magnet. On the rare occasions when I let my wife drive the Ferrari we get much more head turning. I just sit in the passenger seat with that smug grin because I know they are all thinking, "Wow, that guy must be packing to have a chick with a Ferrari driving him around." :)
Fantastic, I just need to get the missus to go in the car now :D

I gave up telling people that it is not a mid-life crisis, and just tell them it is.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The only thing that doesn't annoy me,
Is if someone or many people take a quick glimpse whilst driving a Prancing Horse.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well I am 27 not married and bought a house this year I have had the Rossa for two years now...most of the time people don't confront me about things like this (my friends say I am threatening looking)...I seem to get a lot of "If I was going to spend that money I would by (insert some other sports car here)" which only really annoys me about the 8th or 9th time I hear it. I think that my next plan is to tell everyone it is my midlife crisis car...I figure with the amount of damaging substances I consume I would say 54 would not be too bad I think if I cut back a little I could probably make 54 on only one Liver

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Who cares what anyone else thinks - you lucky so-and-so's are driving around in Ferraris :)
As an non-owner I've never met a typical Ferrari owner.
A car doesn't make you who you are.
Owning a Ferrari doesn't make you a nice guy or an arse, I've met both types of owners and away from their cars they are just the same :)
Enjoy your car and to hell with the world who doesn't understand, more fool them.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, there is a lot of truth in this thread, and A LOT of funny stuff too hehehehehehe

I agree with all of you, that's all I have to say!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts