Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the service center of Ferrari of Orange County. As I drove into the place, I spotted a red car. After parking my car, my wife told me she was going to stay in the car as she was NOT interested at all. I walked over to the red car. It was by itself under a small canopy. Looking at it, I knew it was from the 1950s. A two seater with what must be a V-12. Someone from the dealership walked over to me. I met him for the first time. He agreed with me it was from 1958 and was V-12. Lucky maybe or just good. You answer this question.

It had New York plates on it. A nice man came over to the car. Since I am a talker, I asked him if this was his car. He said, “Yes.” I made a comment about it having a safety sticker on it from New York. He told me someone drove it thought a shop and at the end it received its OK by the State of New York. He drives a 575 as his normal car. He did agree with me the 550 was the better car. The owner was about to leave in his car for some fun in Orange County.

I need someone to tell me the rest of the name of the car. It was a 1958 250 GT something, a two-seater V-12 topless fun car. This is a very nice example of a V-12 two-seater car. I think it would cost me more than I have.

Darn, I need more cash.

:)

·
Registered
6,398 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
It could not have been a California because they were not made before 1961.

Onno
Onno, are you thinking about SWB Californias.
The prototype LWB California 0769GT (Pininfarina) was completed in 1957.
0919GT (Scaglietti) was completed in 1958.
Production was 1957-1960, chassis 0769GT-1715GT, 49 produced.
SWB Californias were produced 1960-1963, 1759GT-4167GT, 55 produced.

Bart, take a camera with you next time :)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
So I am an idiot. I forgot to use NOT before ragtop.

Oh, well.
Well Bart, maybe you want to consider transplanting the high tech Ferrari California's dual top mechanism ? Here's a rear view image in black ? w/ smiles Jimmy PS. Tried uploading few other nice pics of fully restored radtop model but pic sizes were too large for acceptance.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts