Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellas,
I'm in.....I finally bought one! I have dreamed of owning a Ferrari since I was a child, and it's finally happened for me.
I found a 1980 308GTSI in great condition, with low miles, and for a fair price. It's red with black interior. I was going to hold out for a carb 308, but I couldn't pass this one up.

I'll post pic's as soon as it's delivered this week.

If I can buy one anyone can......you just have to want it bad enough to make it happen!!

I'll let you know how it goes....I have NEVER even driven any Ferrari yet!!

Chaio,

Frank

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations Frank! It must be a great feeling to finally own a Ferrari:D So you never test drove the 308?

Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris!!
No, I didn't test drive it, and I have not even seen it yet! Sounds scary, but I am buying it from a Ferrari dealer whom I trust, so I bought it sight unseen. I was sent 50 or so pictures along with all of the service records to go over.

The car looks perfect, and the records are up to date and go way beyond the norm, for example the owner had the window motors taken apart and greased, the brake calipers re-furbished, etc.

I hope my first ride in a Ferrari is as good as in my dreams.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Congrats, Frank. I don't know where you reside but I am sure you picked a good choice for that. No doubt you'll have absolute pleasure from this Ferrari. A start of a beautiful relationship. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats Frank!!! Glad to hear you finally made your dream come true.

I wouldn't worry about not having driven a Ferrari before. The first Ferrari I ever drove was mine when I went down to pick it up. Did the whole deal via email and phone over about 6 weeks, went down with a cashier's check in my pocket (10 hour drive), the car was exactly as the dealer had presented it, I test drove it, then handed him the check and loaded it up.

I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories of your experiences and adventures! Stories from new owners are always the best. :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
that's great news, congratulations!!!

let us know how is your ownership experience, I'm sure it will be great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your interest. I'll post some good pictures when I get the car.....the only thing I don't like about the car is that it is red, but with black boxer trim. I am having it delivered straight to my body shop and having it squared away before I even drive it.....I just don't like the boxer trim!

I live just outside of New York City, and I found the car via Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY. The car is currently in Mass, with Copley Motorcars.

FYI, I have nothing but great things to say about Billy at Wide World of Cars, Stu at Copley, as well as Rick and Steve at Putnam Leasing in Stanford, CT.
They all made this stressful (for me!) situation a breeze.

Haggerty's was also awesome for the insurance, costing me only $550 per year with a great policy.

I am really on cloud nine with this, and I still can't believe it's true for a guy like myself.

Ironically enough, 1980 was the year that I graduated from high school and found my first "real" girlfriend!!

Anyway, keep the comments coming....advice and wisdom appreciated!!

Franco

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Fantastic news Frank, congratulations. I know that waiting feeling, it took about 6 weeks or so from agreeing to by mine until I collected it, the longest 6 weeks of my life, but it was worth the wait, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Congratulations Frank! really made up for you dude!

I bet you are grinning from ear to ear :D Enjoy!!!
and lets see some pics.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure you will love the car, but if something happens and it doesn't work out for you...I'll gladly take it off your hands. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts