Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a gearhead. Having driven on the Southern California public mass transit system since I was sixteen, I have always wanted the finest freeway flyer made on our wonderful planet. My car is a 1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello, serial number 108108.

Heck, it cost a lot of money to buy and/or drive a beast. Except for those who have a Ferrari as another toy in the collection, owning a Ferrari demands it to be driven as to what it is, a car.

How sad it is when a man spends the money to buy a lesser vehicle for his every day drive. He is driving what everyone else drives but it is not a Ferrari.

Darn, it is so much fun to drive the thing on the freeways. All I do is cruise but quickly. Of course, I get caught in a slow moving mass of us. This is where a clutch is fun to the ones who know how to use it and drive with it. When it moves is where the enjoyment of a 550 comes into play. Move over you slow German things. I do say, “Hello, Z-06” with respect.

My car is worthless per Ferrari of Orange. With the mileage I have, they are not willing to pay much. Darn, I know a man with twice my miles. His must be ready for junk.

Therefore, if you buy one, use it. Mine will not go up for another 20 years. It might be inheritance, maybe for the kids.

:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been saying this for years!! I have used 308s, 348s, TRs, Mondials and even an F40 as daily drivers. My neighbor who had a pristine 308gt4 in the garage, drove an old Datsun pick up truck every day, and thought I was crazy. My thought is I could die tommorow.....Do I really want my last drive in an old pick up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts