Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my 6 month old daughter for a drive today, looked at my TV screen on the dash of my Sierra hooked up to an inboard camera only to see my daughter sleeping in the back seat. She normally stays up and looks outside, talks, plays with her doll etc….but this time she slept. So I figured I needed to drive some more to make sure she got a good nap. About 30 mins later I find myself close to my uncle’s house who received his new F430 F1 three days after Italy won the cup. I have been waiting for the right time to go see it and I thought this was the time.

I get there, my aunt say come on in but you just missed him he left 5 mins ago with it. I said it’s all good I have Claudia with me. My aunt’s face lit up all excited (I don’t know what it is about women and babies) and invited me in for Italian espresso. As soon as I get in she’s on the phone calling my uncle’s cell phone telling him to come back home. We drink, eat biscotti’s and my aunt is playing with my daughter, we are talking away then I hear the door close….

Im thinking to myself I didn’t hear him drive in. So we talked then I went outside using the front door not the one connecting to the garage because I wanted to see the rear first. So I walked out the front door towards the garage…...and holy shit…….what a car…..pictures just don’t do it justice at all….She is red with tan and black dash.

As I walk towards it I start seeing the engine bay, he opens the door, the rear bonnet and we talk a bit more about the car, how the F1 works, showing me all the options like leather everywhere, ceiling, pillars, rear cabin wall all but the floor. Carbon-ceramic brakes, carbon fiber dash and double size red stitching everywhere. Who knew stitching size existed and was an option ?!?!?!

Anyways, he explains how to start it, he backs up out of the garage and I get in the passenger side and we go for a drive…….she is already warmed up so he gives me a ride and he stepped on it, second, then third, then fourth…..holy shit we are doing 170km/h and he’s only shifting at 5k…….

As we are driving….all heads are turning in our directions with big grins……im in awe…from the symphony the engine is making because now in race mode he’s cranking it to 7500 rpm. Well, she was creaming like a bat out of hell…..amazing…..just amazing! The pull was strong and straight, no fishtailing or quirks, like a bullet. After 20 mins or so I finally get the courage to ask if I can try it……..silence for about 10 seconds then he says let me find a place with a wide shoulder. We change places, I adjust the seat he shows me how to shift into first (foot on the brake, then paddle up) and we go, at this point….time stood still nothing else in the world mattered. Playboy playmates could of all been naked on the side of the road and I would of never noticed. I drove around for about 10 mins then at a light took in easy in first then 2-3-4 in a matter of a few seconds. He said not higher than 4th…hey it’s all good 180km/h was good enough for me, he then told me to be careful because if anything happened he would not be insured. Anyways after about 40 mins or so, we headed back to home. When I got out my knees where weak. The car is rock solid, gas pedal is a little stiff but very responsive, brakes are very strong and little pedal is needed to stop this beast. The steering is so precise it’s scary. I found the front view to be much better than I thought and had a clear front view of everything. Rear visibility is very good but changing lanes……make sure nobody is there because there IS a blind spot even if you turn and look.

It was a thrilling ride, I drove his 78 308 GTS and 91 Testarossa but this was truly amazing and definitely F1 technology at it’s best.

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m kicking myself for not bringing a camera but I have to go back anyways because my wife is a little upset I didn’t bring her because she was working and also wanted to see it.

One thing I was very worried about was that I had fed my daughter about an hour before (carrots puree) and she spews up a little sometimes and did about 10 mins before in her kitchen. So when we were in the garage, my aunt took my daughter and sat her in the front seat……and I was thinking OMG please don’t spew up orange goo on those seats, please don’t throw up, please don’t throw up !!!!

She didn’t but looked up at me from the front seat and gave me a smile…..if she only knew where she was sitting ! Ah if she only knew…

Anyways, I will go back soon before old man winter drops by and post pictures.

~

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boxer said:
Only complaint was the traction control can be a bit of a nanny unless you have it set on race.
Unfortunately I wouldn’t know because I didn’t launch it hard, due to the fact that it is an F430 not a Mustang (nothing against Mustang’s), not my car, not sure what to expect in “Sport mode” and never driven paddles before, so I took it nice and easy being the car that it is. With only 2100 km’s on it and worth over $300k, I definitely didn’t want to get into trouble. I also could see that my uncle was a little nervous and probably thinking to himself (I can’t believe I said yes for him to drive it).

~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts