Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Who cares? At the end of the day one guy drove home in a Dodge and the other guy drove home in a Ferrari.

You hear these stories all the time, some fact , some fiction and some just fantasy to sound big.

Also Ferrari's are not the fastest cars on the planet and can and will be beaten by some, but again I say, who cares? I know which one I would rather be driving.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
It is funny about how the Ferrari seems to be the benchmark by which all other cars are compared. I had a co-worker who was asking about my Ferrari, he asked how many horsepower it had. I was like, "Around 250." He had a brand new Camaro Z-28 (this was a couple of years ago), and he was like "That's all?? My Camaro has 350hp! And then he went on and on about how his Camaro had better braking, better handling, etc. He just kept on putting my car down. Finally, I was like, "You know what? Your car is 25 years newer than mine. I'd be very disappointed in GM if the new Camaro was not better than an antique European car." I also asked him how many people had stopped to ask him if his car was a kit or a genuine Chevrolet. But the best part was when I told him, "Yeah, your brand new car may outperform my old car, but you know what? My car is still worth what I paid for it."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure that if your co-worker doesn't still own his Z-28, it has found a nice home somwhere........

in a trailer park!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
ILoveEnzo said:
I'm sure that if your co-worker doesn't still own his Z-28, it has found a nice home somwhere........

in a trailer park!

Be careful there. There are quite a few cars that have worn the Z28 badge that were awsome cars. Besides lots of car people have them and love them just like we love our Ferraris and that's not a bad thing. A car guy is a car guy no matter what he drives.

I am not going to bash some other car guys choice. Besides maybe when he can pull it off he will get a Ferrari too, especially if he thinks Ferrari people don't put everyone else down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I guess we agree to disagree, I think of the big three American automakers Chevy is the worst (Think new Monte Carlo SS; 303 hp to the front wheels, got torque steer?). For me a good car emeges when it offers something that cars of similar price do not, Z-28 never struck me as such a car. You are correct that it would be unfair to compare the Chevy to a Ferrari, and its probably unfair to assume that the Chevy is at a trailer park. However, when I see a Z-28 I laugh, not because I think I'm better or classier, just smarter and wouldn't buy an ugly Camaro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
ILoveEnzo said:
Well I guess we agree to disagree, I think of the big three American automakers Chevy is the worst (Think new Monte Carlo SS; 303 hp to the front wheels, got torque steer?). For me a good car emeges when it offers something that cars of similar price do not, Z-28 never struck me as such a car. You are correct that it would be unfair to compare the Chevy to a Ferrari, and its probably unfair to assume that the Chevy is at a trailer park. However, when I see a Z-28 I laugh, not because I think I'm better or classier, just smarter and wouldn't buy an ugly Camaro.


I suppose you are too young to have seen Mark Donahue wipe up the competition in his 69 Z28. The street version was almost unbeatable in the hills on back roads. There was not a Ferrari at the time that would stay with it.

And besides it does not matter what you like or don't like. Be respectful of other peoples likes and dislikes. It's just polite.



BTW What do you drive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Brian said:
I suppose you are too young to have seen Mark Donahue wipe up the competition in his 69 Z28. The street version was almost unbeatable in the hills on back roads. There was not a Ferrari at the time that would stay with it.

And besides it does not matter what you like or don't like. Be respectful of other peoples likes and dislikes. It's just polite.
Yeah your talkin about the Trans Am series, and the Camaro's with the 302. (equivalent to new V6 accord acceleration & 1/4 mile times: 7.4 0-60 and [email protected]) Neither is impressive.

Ferrari 365 in any form comes to mind as a 69 model that would more than stay with the camaro


To answer your question: I drive an 04 Audi s4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
ILoveEnzo said:
Yeah your talkin about the Trans Am series, and the Camaro's with the 302. (equivalent to new V6 accord acceleration & 1/4 mile times: 7.4 0-60 and [email protected]) Neither is impressive.

Ferrari 365 in any form comes to mind as a 69 model that would more than stay with the camaro


To answer your question: I drive an 04 Audi s4.

Evidently you have not driven too many 365's or homologation version Z28's


I have a lot of time in every 365 version and have driven the limited edition homologation version of the Z28 and in every area except top speed it will blow a Daytona's doors off. Even in top speed I bet it is close but I doubt anyone has ever geared one that way.

You can continue to argue that no Chevrolet will ever be a valid enthusiasts car but you will just be displaying your lack of knowledge of the subject and displaying your bad attitude towards other car people. All I have asked is for you to show some courtesy and be respectful of other car peoples choices. I really don't consider that too much to ask of the teenager I suspect you are. I for one hope you never get a Ferrari because there are already too many with your elitist attitude.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys, I wasn't saying the Z-28 was a bad car, quite the opposite, I agreed with him that it was an awesome car for the buck. But for him to put my car down and compare the performance of his car to one that is 25 years old......

I guess the 308 is timeless, even when it is an antique people still use it as a benchmark for performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Don't get me wrong guys, I wasn't saying the Z-28 was a bad car, quite the opposite, I agreed with him that it was an awesome car for the buck. But for him to put my car down and compare the performance of his car to one that is 25 years old......

I guess the 308 is timeless, even when it is an antique people still use it as a benchmark for performance.
I understood your point but I think junior missed it.

Seems he has missed a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
First if you read my posts, I clearly state that I don't think that I am better or classier than anyone. That being said, I'm not going to stop having opinions just because someone might disagree. Just because I don't agree with you, you assume I'm a teenager or unknowledgeable, yet have the audactiy to hypocritically lecture me about respect. So heres an opinion: Camaros (including 69) are inferior to offerings by FoMoCo and Mopar. Period.
Now you can go back to your fantasy world and hop in your ZL-1, while the wind blows through your mullet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Brian,
You don't have a mullet do you? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
How more loser can this conversation get..........

hahahahahahaha!

~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Brian,
You don't have a mullet do you? :)
No I am a couple of decades too old for one but it is probably all the young lad could think of at the time given his situation. I am not even a Chevy fan but he so misses the point he cannot see that possibility. I have put him on ignore. He is far more suited to Fchat, he would get along well there. They embrace trolls. I sure hope this place is better in controlling his type. I would hate to see it go into the sewer like the other place has.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
6,320 Posts
Pete04222 said:
It is funny about how the Ferrari seems to be the benchmark by which all other cars are compared.
Pete,

I think you can update your signature with that line. Awesome and so true. If you do, probably better to use the quote to replace an existing otherwise your signature will become too big.

Cheers
--------

For the rest of the topic I glanced over it. Just to let everyone know, I have a mullet (no not really) so lets not talk about them and stick with friendly car debates. At the end of the day that is what we are talking about cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
The one thing that makes me think that the story is false is the way the Ferrari owner is shown. Ferrari owners are constantly recognized as jerks - but this sounds like it is straight from a B movie.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
FerrariKiller said:
The one thing that makes me think that the story is false is the way the Ferrari owner is shown. Ferrari owners are constantly recognized as jerks - but this sounds like it is straight from a B movie.
Ferrari owners are jerks. Just ask my wife. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Sorry guys, I don't wanna pull up bad blood. But I wouldn't put too much merit into this story. I'm part of an online forum for Hyundai's and this story came out and created a huge mess of garbage like this thread LOL. This is one of those myths, that will be around forever.

Anyway, turns out we had the one where it was a Honda vs. a Hyundai (small rivalry there BTW) No offense, but it's bogus, I used to be a hater but I now see the light.

As stated before in this thread, car people are car people. Ferrari owners have been targeted as "jerks" but people only attack things that are on top of their game. Take that as a compliment guys.

Cheers.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top