Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has got to be my all time bonehead moves

Two weeks ago I had my fog lamps fitted with 3m film protection against stones etc...I know that these are hard to come by.

So today I take the passenger lamp off to clean bugs out and I droped it..:eek:
not very high but enough to hit the corner and crack it..DAMMIT..:mad:

Lucky the 3m held it together but it has a line down the middle.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE does someone have a 348 right side fog lamp for sale or know where I can get one?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was just in a shop today, I will ask the mechanics around to see if they have one laying around.

This is just the right lower fog lamp glass cover, not the bulb or housing, well, i think it comes as the whole set (housing), but shall see if the glass part is available.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
There's nothing worse than doing something stupid and damaging your pride and joy yourself. Many years ago, I bought a brand new MG, it was my first ever brand new car and I was very proud of it. When it was about 3 months old, I was in my garage, taking a clay plant pot off a shelf next to the car, and I dropped it on the windshield. The windshield cracked, the plant pot smashed and jagged clay edges slid all the way down the hood (bonnet) of the car. I had a £1000 insurance bill for a hood respray and new windshield. I felt very foolish completing the insurance claim form:eek:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just in a shop today, I will ask the mechanics around to see if they have one laying around.

This is just the right lower fog lamp glass cover, not the bulb or housing, well, i think it comes as the whole set (housing), but shall see if the glass part is available.
Thanks for your support guys

I would really appreciate you asking thank you..:eek:

TIFOSI yup that's the fella alright I know Ricambi does not have any in stock and I know when and if I find one it is not going to be cheap.

I did not even look at the car today hoping it was all a bad dream
Just in time for the European auto show this weekend just awesome.

I wonder how many dingbats are gonna say "do you know you have a broken light" NO DUH!..:p

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Reference the last quote in my signature. :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pete's always able to cheer you, turn things around, or at least let us know that there's someone else as stupid as we are. :cool: hehe

·
Registered
453 Posts
We all make mistakes at times but it never makes the feeling any less painful. I'm sorry for this incident. You will find a replacement lens. It's already waiting for you somewhere.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It seems like my bonehead moves always occur when I'm trying to be extra careful.
mine, too.

It's probably because of anxiety. Sometimes being so hyper aware can create a "freeze up" where we cannot fluidly follow through with actions because we hinder them, make movements that are overly restricted, and thus create hindrance; stifled movement.

It's similar to a drunk driver hitting a tree and walking away unhurt or barely injured. Because they were relaxed and unaware, they didn't much think about it and just tossed around in the car without resistance.

The second we expect to resist or be overly cautious, this impedes the naturalistic manner of follow-through. Life itself is this way.

We can be so arrested by fear or the "unknown" that we create a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure or lack or injury. "Paralysis by analysis."

·
Registered
57 Posts
Night Life, sorry to hear about the mishap! I looked on Craigslist for you but no Cigar! I will keep my eyes open if I come across one.

Alex

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Sorry to hear about the light Night Life. Good luck with the search for a replacement.

Chris

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey Roberto

A Thought

I put alot of miles on cars, busted alot of windscreens and have resorted to full glass coverage. They replace the glass at no charge when it gets cracked. One of the stipulations is the crack must be longer than 6 inches. (The repair dude checks this by trying to cover the crack with a dollar bill, he usually has to borrow one from me). Anyway, if the crack is not > 6 inches, they inject it with resin and polish it out. The stuff actually works pretty good on small cracks and stone chips . I'm not sure it would work on a lense or edge connected crack, but it sure sounds like its worth a phone call/experiment. Contact your local glass repair firm. Try a cracked Non-Ferrari lense first.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Night Life,

Let me make a few phone calls on Monday, I have a friend who works for a huge used car parts store connected to the Canadian used parts network and since we also service Ferrari's at our garage, I will see if I can locate one through there as well.

~

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Its nice see you back Mario. Any luck with the 348 search?

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Night Life,

Let me make a few phone calls on Monday, I have a friend who works for a huge used car parts store connected to the Canadian used parts network and since we also service Ferrari's at our garage, I will see if I can locate one through there as well.

~
Thank you very much, I appreciate it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts