Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun the search for a 550 Maranello. To date steps taken are: defining my purchase parameters (model year, price, colors, mileage, etc), downloading and printing off the Ferrari Forum 550/575 Buyers Guide, and contacting a few friends in the motor trade. I will update everyone as I make progress.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Woaaah! Boxer!

You are getting all the cars I want :p Good luck with your search! If you need some help, I've got plenty of time :green:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a couple of 550's over the weekend and got some good seat time in several. After driving the "Beast" for a while I think I am coming down with a case of "Bartitis". Really great modern drivers car with an amazing engine. It pulls absolutely cleanly in 6th gear from 25 mph to well over 100 mph in what seems to be about 10 seconds with out a single protest. Can't think of too many others that can do that. :D :D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
weren't you complaining last time of not having enough room or time to drive all of them, and wasn't that the reason why you sold the 456??

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
time is always in short supply. To clarify a bit. This time last year I had the F355, 456 GT, plus a large standard Euro sedan (turbo charged) which I used as an everyday driver. Today I have exactly none of the above cars out in the garage. In effect it is a trade of 3 to 1.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Combination of narrow criteria for what I am looking for and October is not the most active time in the market. Out of the 3000 550's produced, perhaps 20% fit into my parameters today and then it is a question of how many are actually for sale at any given point in time. Net net, this could take some time.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts