Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a garage for my 355F1 and want to know in what way I can make my garage a real Ferrari garage :D
Mirors,red,yellow etc so everytime I open the door :)
And schould I buy a dehuminiser? Maybe something else? Battery charger?
Tips appreciated :eek:ha:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
paint it like a ferrari garage.
floor red
wall from the floor uo red till waisthight a yellow line and then white.
and the white spaces you put ferrari flags and big posters

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
EBRINK said:
I am going to buy a garage for my 355F1 and want to know in what way I can make my garage a real Ferrari garage :D
Mirors,red,yellow etc so everytime I open the door :)
And schould I buy a dehuminiser? Maybe something else? Battery charger?
Tips appreciated :eek:ha:
There is a magazine in Japan called Garage that dedicates itself to nothing but car garages. (they are nuts about magazines here which is really cool, they have one for everything) I'll look for some good examples of Ferrari gargaes and post pics or forward it to you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Ebrink,

I wanted to paint my garage to give it a Ferrari theme but decided that if I painted it red and yellow when I came to sell the house I would have trouble!

So I painted everything white except the floor which is grey. I also have a Carcoon ( http://www.carcoon.com ) which is like a large oxygen bubble the car lives in. Air is circulated constantly around the car to prevent moisture and the battery is conditioned so it is always fully charged up.

If you use a dehumidifyer, just be careful you don't dry the garage out too much as you can damage the leather.

The carcoon was about £450 GBP (maybe $720 USD) so I feel it's a worthwhile investment. Here's a couple of photos, I hadn't quite finished painting the garage floor when I took them.

Justyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photo's Justin :D

Just wondering how you are getting in and out of the car :wink:

The plastic you put around your car looks safe and a lot like a big ..... :oops:

Safer is better thats what I tell my kids but is the fun the same :green:

Is the socket and wire in the back of the garage from a battery charger?

regards

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justyn

As you examin the photo you can see that he is still sitting in the car :green: :green: :green:

He only parks it there and inflates the balloon when he has an argue with his wife :wink:

If your are not having sex with your wife, what is the best place to be?

Right................... :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi guys,

I often get asked about getting in and out of the car in the garage so I'll explain:

I drive the car in with the roof down, then I take my shoes off, stand on the seat and get out.

Then I put the roof up and put the cover over it.

The wire you see on the back wall goes to a trasnformer. Then one wire goes to the charging points for the car battery and another wire attaches to the carcoon and powers the two fans that circulate the air.

When I recently bought the house I measured the garage door and it was the same width as the garage door in my old house. What I didn't realise was that the interior dimensions were smaller than my old garage and hence I have a tight squeeze.

My next house will have a double garage DEFINITELY :lol:

As you examin the photo you can see that he is still sitting in the car
If you examine the photo you can see I'm actually having sex in the car, with my secret mistress and not my wife. She's a little kinky and likes to do it in a Ferrai inside an oxygen tent. :wink:

Justyn.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justyn

A dirty mind and a ferrari are a joy forever :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is mine. It is a project in motion. In these photos the floor is still wet. I am installing new cabinets, workbench, and decorating the walls. I installed recessed lighting over the cars, and track lighting for accent lighting. I should be finished in a few weeks and I will post the final photos. I am pretty happy with the results so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sduke,

that's one neat garage - I'm jealous :lol:

I was wondering why the doors are painted green. Are they green in Ferrari dealerships or is that just the way you wanted it?

Justyn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
justy

Thanks for the compliment. I painted the doors green to include the green in the Scuderia Shield. The green is not an exact match to the shield, but the green in the shield seemed a little too green if that makes sense. I like the darker green better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts