Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am new here and have my eye and heart set on a 95 f355

i was wondering if there are any big issue's with that model line

are they able to be a daily driver if no why not?

and i heard that there is a 5k 15k 30k mile service that has to be done
but what comes after that? and if you can please give estimate's on how much each service cost's

the 355 im looking at has about 32000 miles on it should i stay away from it and look for a lower mile 355 or is it ok to purchase what ferrari guy's call a high milage ferrari haha

my biggest concern is maintnance. is this a dependable car or not i plan to drive it not just let it sit in the garage.

all replies are welcome thanks in advance

355guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
F355 the best Ferrari

Hi

I have a 1995 F355 and have to say that it is very reliable. In fact as far as I know it is one of the first Ferrari's that can be driven as an everyday car with no major issues. 30000 miles is OK as far as I am concerned. Most people will say buy one with less miles but I believe that a few extra miles is good as these engines need to work and like to be opened up. Not sit in a garage gathering dust and then major problems do occur. As for servicing costs they are quite expensive here in Australia but I have been able to have a ferrari mechanic do work at my home and a very cheap rate hence very affordable for me to run the car.

I say go get the F355 ASAP and start having some serious fun. They are a dream car to drive and worth every cent!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
My '95 F355 is very reliable sofar. I bought it with 50k km's and it has 58k on it now (have it for 9 months now). Only had the suspension light come on once and that was fixed under warrenty.

You can use it as a daily driver, no problem but expect a lot of attention.

Once every 3-4 years, you need to have the belts changed so that will cost a couple of $1000 (around 3-4k$ I think).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very funny web page about the F355's reliability:

http://www.nsxfiles.com/f355_update.htm

Their experience is similar to mine. I bought a 1995 F355 Spider seven months ago and the repairs have already run $20,000. But I drive her to work every day I can, and I couldn't bear the loss if she ever "left" me.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Very funny web page about the F355's reliability:

http://www.nsxfiles.com/f355_update.htm

Their experience is similar to mine. I bought a 1995 F355 Spider seven months ago and the repairs have already run $20,000. But I drive her to work every day I can, and I couldn't bear the loss if she ever "left" me.

Is your F355 rosso rubino? It looks very nice!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hello i am new here and have my eye and heart set on a 95 f355

i was wondering if there are any big issue's with that model line

are they able to be a daily driver if no why not?

and i heard that there is a 5k 15k 30k mile service that has to be done
but what comes after that? and if you can please give estimate's on how much each service cost's

the 355 im looking at has about 32000 miles on it should i stay away from it and look for a lower mile 355 or is it ok to purchase what ferrari guy's call a high milage ferrari haha

my biggest concern is maintnance. is this a dependable car or not i plan to drive it not just let it sit in the garage.

all replies are welcome thanks in advance

355guy
I owned a 95 F355 GTS for several years. I drove it on several 500 miles plus trips and never had any major problems. What problems I did have always occurred after the car had been sitting for several weeks. In general they tended to be minor and electrical. Biggest headache was a detacted coolant hose that dumped most of the contents of the cooling system in the front trunk. The notorious "Slow Down 1-4" light came on a couple of times but never turned out to be anything serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts