Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at F1 in Montreal this last weekend and on Thursday before the start of the race weekend, Peel street is always blocked off and all Ferrari owners park and line the street with their cars. This is where is spotted this Fly Yellow 308 GTS Turbo.

Thanks,
Marc

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
mleizza said:
I was at F1 in Montreal this last weekend and on Thursday before the start of the race weekend, Peel street is always blocked off and all Ferrari owners park and line the street with their cars. This is where is spotted this Fly Yellow 308 GTS Turbo.

Thanks,
Marc
This car was made for the Italian market because at the time there was a law which had a tax on larger engines. To keep the engine below this level the car had a 2008 cc engine instead of a 3008 engine. To keep the power around the same level they added a Turbo.

Here are some details:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/models/view_model.php?modelid=103

687 made (give or take a few)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi,
I went through a pile of old photos when visiting my parents last week and found a picture of a similar car. The photo was taken in Rome, Italy in 1987 and I can read 208 turbo on the back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the back, this one said 308 GTS/i, not 208. So, was there a 308 turbo version?

·
Registered
3 Posts
In 1984, Anita DiSandro of Philadelphia, PA, offered a black/black 308 GTSi for sale (31575). At the time, it was listed as a turbo conversion. This car could've been painted yellow or, conversely - and just as likely, there are more out there that have been converted.

Enzo250GTO, thanks for the approximation on 208 production numbers. I don't know much about them; more information - perhaps a separate thread(?) - would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts