Ferrari Life Forum banner

How often do you wax your Ferrari?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Of course I am not waxing it at all right now. It is in the garage, under cover and waiting for spring. I usually wax it at least once a month when I am driving it. Not a wax really, I use the Nu-Finish car polish. I have been using this polish for years and have been happy with it. I try other stuff now and again but usually go right back to the Nu-Finish.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've never waxed any of my cars

Derm

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Ferrari only gets waxed & detailed when it's at the dealers for its annual service. Otherwise, I'm too busy driving/enjoying it to wax it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Waxing my car takes me less than half hour a time. Its one of the easyist thing in the world to do. Waxing is also paint protection, we need this in the UK due to all the rain.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
ferrarispider said:
Waxing my car takes me less than half hour a time. Its one of the easyist thing in the world to do. Waxing is also paint protection, we need this in the UK due to all the rain.
Actually, wax isn't so much to protect the car from the rain as it is to protect the car from the sun. The paint is waterproof. Of course the acids and contaminants in the rain strip the wax so I know what you mean.

I moved up to the Zaino Brother's system and I'm pleased with it. I gave it the full treatment almost a year ago and since then I just use the detailing spray after washing. I'll give it the full treatment again this summer.

I don't know how you wax your car in less than a half hour. It takes me that long just to wash and dry it. Of course I spend about 20 minutes polishing the aluminum rims also (Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish, brilliant stuff). So 10 minutes with the detailing spray is great. I can bring the car from dirty road warrior to show car clean & shiney in 1 hour.

·
Registered
78 Posts
At what point did i say that i washed, leatherd cleaned the wheels, detailed and waxed my car in half an hour???????
I said i waxed my car in half an hour now dint i? Like anyone else does on many UK drives on a sunday morning. If i had done any thing else then i would have said.com The question was about WAXING.
You should visit the forum ferrarichat dude, they like splitting hairs there;)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Woah there! Didn't mean to get your feathers in a ruffle.
When I said I didn't know how you could wax your car in a half hour, it was a statement, not an accusation. It takes me longer to wax my car. That's all. And yes, just the waxing part takes me longer than a half hour.

Sorry for the mis-communication.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
ferrarispider said:
And i am sorry for jumpin on ya dude:) Bloody hot day today and the old hay fever makes me bite at anything. Take care. Chaz
No problem Dude! That's some of the trouble with communicating on the internet. Mis-communication. The reader's mood may not be the same as the sender's.

I still love it though. 10 years ago I wouldn't have been able to piss off anyone in the UK. Now with the internet, I can piss 'em all off without even meaning too. :) :)

I find it strange you are being frustrated by the heat. I'm frustrated with the rain. It has been raining for 2 solid weeks here and everyone is just kind of down. (Myself included.) Rain is depressing.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Twice a year is plenty. "Speed Shine" is good for the inbetweens.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a car Zymolled professionally once, cost £650 + Vat, and it looked great, but not substantially better than when I did it myself, so I tried a load of different products, Auto-Glym, Swissol, Etc...

I setteld on Maguires (sp)? Gold, they recommend waxing every 3 months, so that's what I do, with a few odd times just doing the more vulnerable areas twice in the same period. Takes about 2.5 - 3 hours to wash, leather, dry polish, detail, re-wax, Not including any interior work.

Argento

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I guess not.....just wax the wax....

~

1 - 20 of 81 Posts