City :question:

Liter/100km/h :question:

Liter/150km/h :question:

Liter/+200km/h :question:

What car by the way :question:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
On my drive to Las Vegas, I got about 18 miles per gallon average speed around 80 to 90 mph. I cannot convert, sorry. Around town I get maybe if I am lucky, 7 - 8 miles per gallon. I drive a 550.

8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Highway (70 mph) I get about 16 mpg. That should be around 6.8 km/liter at speeds of around 112 km/hr.

Around town I run about 11 mpg. It is a carburetted 308.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete04222 said:
Highway (70 mph) I get about 16 mpg. That should be around 6.8 km/liter at speeds of around 112 km/hr.

7liter/112km/h ? hum..... can't be !

·
Registered
454 Posts
My numbers are very close to Pete's. Then again, I'm not caring loads of goods from a recent shopping spree (still love that story, Pete)... :D

-About 16-17mpg on the highway (60-70 mph)

-I try not to hang around town long so I can't give a good estimate, maybe 13 or so? :roll:

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pete04222 said:

Are you serious????
7l??

that's about the same as my car

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the track about 2gals. to the mile, 11 is good for highway and 6-8 around town. It's a carburetted 77-308 that will run 163 flat out!
NOT NO THE HIGHWAY but at a 2.5 mile oval with elect-timing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Capt Moore,

Welcome to the Forum. Are you USAF, USN or USMC by any chance? Can you tell us more about your 308? We're always happy to see other pictures in the garage section.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome CaptMoore.
I hope to hear more from yur 308.

Eeeuuhhmm???
can somebody help me out??
How much Liter is a Gallon???

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
captmoore said:
Dane, Not military; professional mariner Ocean Master Unlimited Tonnage and Dj there are 3.734 Liter per gallon.
Thanks, i just calculatted it, and i can't believe that those 308 use so little fuel :-?
I would have thought that it would be a lot higher

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 79 308 GTS gets about 11mpg. I once knew a guy who was basing his decision on buying a Ferrari on how many miles it got to the gallon of fuel. I told him, "That's the last thing I worry about. " "If you are worried about gas mileage, Don't own a Ferrari."

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Magoo said:
"If you are worried about gas mileage, Don't own a Ferrari."
Yeah Magoo! Buy a Ferrari because you want a Ferrari! If you are comparing fuel figures, get a Volkswagon Golf TDI. They are advertising 49 mpg on the highway. Won't be as much fun to drive, heck, it might even be termed "practical". But yeah, when you are considering high-line exotics, they all get terrible gas mileage. Nature of the beast.

It costs more to feed a thorough-bred horse than it does to feed a Shetland pony.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 308 gets about 18 MPG ay highway speed. My new Corvette does 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds and gets 29 MPG. Technology has come a long way in the last decade. As I understand it, even the new Ferraris get the worst fuel mileage awards. Seems as though they could make their cars more efficient and keep the performance numbers. It can be done.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
gas milage is something to look at, keep in mind that i live in Europe and prices are a lot higher here, also those damn taxes :( :cry:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts