Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that overall 17.000 Modena have been built. At one point, Ferrari stated that there are going to be 800 Stradale built. Of those 800, approx. 10% are spec'ed with the "Tri-colore"-Stripe (Source: Ferrari).

Any thoughts on those figures?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
they are still building the modena's and are still building the CS's
but ferrari stated that about the 800 cars when they started to build it yes
but you know how it goes with them.
so it will probably be more

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hmm, 17,000 over 6 years osunds about right though, seeing as how it is their primary and largest selling car, making a majority of their 4000 produced/year. I think something around 2800/year that would be then?I can see it s a probable.

As Dirk said, 800 announced for production, but as it is Ferrari, they could end up doing a few more than that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all your thoughts.
BTW Dirk, I am in SPA with my Stradale on the 20th, letting the "Cavalino" do fast laps.......

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
so did you took the stripe or not?

and what is at Spa on the 20th?
i was this morning on Spa for a small event, and i'll be at Spa next week for the Le Mans Endurance race, but the 20th i'm at Oschersleben for the FIA-GT

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
sims said:
I read that overall 17.000 Modena have been built. At one point, Ferrari stated that there are going to be 800 Stradale built. Of those 800, approx. 10% are spec'ed with the "Tri-colore"-Stripe (Source: Ferrari).

Any thoughts on those figures?
The number does seem a bit high given that there were only roughly 8,500 F355's (all versions) produced.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
17,000 360's including Spyder is correct. The Sales Manager for Asia Pacific stated that in his "introduction" of the 430 to the Malaysia/Singapore owners last Friday night during a dinner for owners given by the Ferrari imoporter.

The 360 started to be delivered to customers from 2nd half of 1999. Since then Ferrari has been producing at least 4000 to 4,500 units of cars with 90% being the 360's in Coupe and Spyder froms. That's roughly around 4,000 per year. They stopped the middle of this year (2004) when the factory was shut for expansion to produce 5,000 cars to cater for the new customers from China and Russia. So taking the number of years from mid-199 to mid 2004, there are 5 full years of production. So 17,00 is believebale.

The number of Stradales have not been finalised ans there are still a few units to be deliverd to customers. But it will be less than the 900 initially planned.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
17,000! Wow that car is going to drop in price in about 10 years. That is double the number of F355s if I'm not mistaking.
That makes me feel really good! Now I know I can someday buy a 360!

Sad though that now people who only care about statement can buy them to...
...so the 360 will also end up wrecked and parted out more then we want to see!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dirk, yes with stripes. Hope, that helps for re-sale value.....
20/21 Sept is an open-lane trackday only...BMW's hammering Porsche's trying to hammer Ferrari's...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
aha that's interesting to know sims
i'll see if i'm able to make that

on another funny note
just received an interesting e-mail

the 360 CS production has now ended, final production is around 1200
as usual no exact number from the factory (yet?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts