Ferrari Life Forum banner

561 - 569 of 569 Posts

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
He still does - nothing is too much trouble. My Dino is going in for some TLC from Harvey next week.

Mark Tregenna is on the sales side - he took us out to Modena to collect our Maserati from the factory.
Harvey is terrific. Took great care of all of our cars.

Never met Mark Tregenna but sounds like they are continuing to go the extra yard.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Harvey is terrific. Took great care of all of our cars.

Never met Mark Tregenna but sounds like they are continuing to go the extra yard.
Yes, Harvey is a great asset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was at a lunch today and an older gentleman who knew I was a bit of a petrolhead ask me how I ended up getting into Ferraris. Took me a few minutes of pondering before I could give him an answer. The short of it is it started with a conversation I had with my father years ago when he was considering buying either a 308 or a Testarossa after sitting next to a senior Ferrari executive on a flight from Milan to NY. The guy from Ferrari really had gotten him interested and he was a tough sell, so I figured that must really be something behind these cars. For some reason that conversation always stuck in my head. Step two was ownership of a couple of Alfas followed by BMWs followed by Porsches. Then I drove a F355 and it was simply just that much more exciting than anything I could remember driving up until that point. So I bought it.

Others?
In my case I was 30 years old and wanted a BB512 after seeing the MotorTrend (I recall) article. Saw one at Daytona 24 hour race for sale by Preston Henn and got the telex number off the rear window sticker for the French importer Charles Pozzi. After making inquiry I bought a red/black and two weeks later after the dollar continued making the next one cheaper, bought a black/tan and the rest is history--bought and sold maybe 50. Most I sold sight unseen, bought many more from Jacques Swaters at Garage Francorchamps in Brussels who became a close friend, from whom I received a 288GTO and bought 250 GTO #4757 as a partner. Great times. Just bought a 599 after 30 years of no Maranello cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also bought the two BBLM Spangler cars #65 (Ex-Daytona/Sebring) and #70 1983 Le Mans, plus BBLM #44,013 new from Swaters. Should have kept them all.....

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
In my case I was 30 years old and wanted a BB512 after seeing the MotorTrend (I recall) article. Saw one at Daytona 24 hour race for sale by Preston Henn and got the telex number off the rear window sticker for the French importer Charles Pozzi. After making inquiry I bought a red/black and two weeks later after the dollar continued making the next one cheaper, bought a black/tan and the rest is history--bought and sold maybe 50. Most I sold sight unseen, bought many more from Jacques Swaters at Garage Francorchamps in Brussels who became a close friend, from whom I received a 288GTO and bought 250 GTO #4757 as a partner. Great times. Just bought a 599 after 30 years of no Maranello cars.
Really interesting. I wonder if you owned my old 512BB SN 33625 at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pretty much have always been attracted to Ferraris. I had a bunch of Ferrari toy cars that I used to play with when I was younger. My love for them has never stopped and luckily I get to work with Ferraris every day at Ferrari of San Diego! Ferrari of San Diego

·
Registered
15 Posts
My fascination started when my Dad bought a 1988 Ferrari Testarossa and then as grow old I realize that I want to save money so that I can buy my dream car in the future . Fast forward to 2018 I got myself a used 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia. Lately, I have been busy modifying this luxury car since I cannot go out that much due to the on-going pandemic. This car keeps me productive as I do some polishing, tire mounting, and installation of car accessories that I bought online.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My fascination started when my Dad bought a 1988 Ferrari Testarossa and then as grow old I realize that I want to save money so that I can buy my dream car in the future. Fast forward to 2018 I got myself a used 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia.

561 - 569 of 569 Posts