Ferrari Life Forum banner

521 - 540 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Albkid, another great story. Your F car is certainly a joy but even more so your better half deserves the accolade for how she treats you. I have no doubt that you feel how lucky you are for that. Enjoy in good health.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Thanks, Jimmy, for those kind words.

Often, indecision that causes one from taking action are moderated by the words of encouragement from a loved one. My wife's advice, that was derived from an ability to foresee the satisfaction the 360 would bring me, made all the difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member and first post here. I am not yet in possession of my first Ferrari yet.... I hope the shipping company has it to me in the next 1-2 weeks! But I just purchased a 2001 360 Modena Coupe with a Novitec body kit
(front air dam, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear spoiler) It also has Novitec single lug wheels and exhaust. PPI was performed by Ferrari of San Francisco and she should be ready to roll! Hope to learn a lot on this forum!
pics to follow once I get her here!

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Welcome, sounds like an interesting 360. Look forward to photos.

452 Posts
New member and first post here. I am not yet in possession of my first Ferrari yet.... I hope the shipping company has it to me in the next 1-2 weeks! But I just purchased a 2001 360 Modena Coupe with a Novitec body kit
(front air dam, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear spoiler) It also has Novitec single lug wheels and exhaust. PPI was performed by Ferrari of San Francisco and she should be ready to roll! Hope to learn a lot on this forum!
Hello, welcome in this forum that is full of nice persons, and our tazandjan is the most expert of Ferrari ...
Nice deal the 360 modena, compliments, we waiting pictures ...

Best Regards

Fabio

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will enjoy your Ferrari when it arrives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"The difference is..."

I have wanted to own a Ferrari for as long as I can remember. I don't know why or where it came from, it must be somewhere in my DNA. I swear my first words were 'I need a Ferrari' and not 'Daddy' or 'Momma'.

After two years of searching I finally found my 'dream car' a fabulous F430 Spider in Rossa Scuderia with crema hide and just about every conceivable extra. It will be delivered in the next few weeks and I can't wait!

Many years ago my wife and I were watching TV and on the screen was a new Porsche 911 turbo. My wife said 'That looks nice wouldn't you rather have one of those instead of the Ferrari?' I said "The difference is. The Porsche is like a really good looking girl that you have just seen. But the Ferrari is the girl next door that you have been in love with your entire life! :wink4:

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Welcome to Ferrari Life.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Congratulations - photos, please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh god I can't wait.

Congratulations - photos, please!
I will as soon as she has been delivered.

My wife said to me "Exactly what are you going to do when it's delivered?" I said "I am going to get up in the morning, kiss it, hug it, and caress it. Go to work, come home and then kiss it, hug it and caress it. Go to sleep and then do exactly the same thing the next day!" :wink4:

·
Registered
5 Posts

New member hear and my first Ferrari, I have owned many cars but recently two McLarens. I was going for a third, a 720s but the dealer treated me very badly. I thought would look at Ferrari and took delivery of a 6 month old 488 on Friday the 12th May, i love it!! Up until now I have avoided the brand in fear of how the dealers historically treated people, it would seem McLaren have taken over the this mantle. The Ferrari dealer that has looked after me has been amazing!! :wink4:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
New member hear and my first Ferrari, I have owned many cars but recently two McLarens. I was going for a third, a 720s but the dealer treated me very badly. I thought would look at Ferrari and took delivery of a 6 month old 488 on Friday the 12th May, i love it!! Up until now I have avoided the brand in fear of how the dealers historically treated people, it would seem McLaren have taken over the this mantle. The Ferrari dealer that has looked after me has been amazing!! :wink4:
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Photos, please!

It would be interesting to know from which dealer you bought your car. I have an excellent relationship with my local dealer (Carrs in Exeter) from whom I have bought two cars, one new (Maserati) and one secondhand (Dino) and they also look after my 550 for me. Very friendly people, excellent customer service: I would happily recommend them to anyone.

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Photos, please!

It would be interesting to know from which dealer you bought your car. I have an excellent relationship with my local dealer (Carrs in Exeter) from whom I have bought two cars, one new (Maserati) and one secondhand (Dino) and they also look after my 550 for me. Very friendly people, excellent customer service: I would happily recommend them to anyone.

+1 on Carrs of Exeter, they are excellent and I have used them for over a decade.

Congratulations and welcome to Life.

Out of curiosity, which McLaren dealer was it?

·
Registered
5 Posts

The Ferrari dealer is HR Owen London, a chap called Paddy. I would rather not mention the Mclaren dealer, suffice to say it's their loss and my gain.

The 488 is Rosso Fiorano with gloss black wrap fitted to the roof and side skirts, fitted by my company we have also fitted a new stone chip film being tested by us. It was a one piece fit for the whole front bumper and front wings. The film itself is the clearest I have ever seen and we have fitted everything on the market that's available, nothing has a finish like this.

My wife and I are of to France next week in the car for a tour of the Champagne region and then over to Beaune to the Bourgogne region, cant wait!! :wink4:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Very nice!

Time to give that white one a wrap to match?!! :grin4:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was looking to buy a 2012 Gallardo spyder or Vantage but ended up with a red F430 coupe. Spent too much on it to be fair ($200,00 for a 2009 coupe - blame 180% duty on imports in my country). Now i am glad i skipped Lambo for this, so nimble it feels when compared to Gallardo !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Now i am glad i skipped Lambo for this, so nimble it feels when compared to Gallardo !
Better looking, too. Congratulations! :grin4:

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
The Gallardos have always been a bit truck-like (a very fast truck), especially compared to an F430. The Huracan is reportedly much nicer handling, but still way more expensive. 180% duty, oh my.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Truth be told, it was my friend from colleague that works at DSRLeasing now who got me into Ferraris first, but it took me a lot of time since then to actually own one. Just recently when I got promoted to independent research consultant in tissue culture I had been able to grow my bank account enough to afford one.

521 - 540 of 566 Posts