Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 355 in October, it`s been at the dealership until four weeks ago. It was then sent from Sweden to Norway. Now it`s been standing outside at the customs in Norway for four weeks because of miss placed Tüv papers. It`s been snowing, raining and the temperatures have been from 0 to 8 degrees celsius. It was moved under a roof after a couple of days, but because of strong winds it`s been covered in snow and rain.

How bad is it?

After paying extra for a car in very good condition, I feel my stomach turn knowing my car is treated this way.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Wow, I feel for you Carburetti. It's not good, that's for sure. How much damage will be/has been done is difficult to say but I would not be surprised if it had some slight discoloration or tiny scratching in the paint work.

All you can do is pamper her when you finally get her home. Assess the damage then and see if you can put in a claim.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel I`m getting ill and just want to throw up.

It`s almost that I want to contact the dealership an tell them to find me an other car. This is no longer the car I bought.

It`s not acctually at the customs, but the transport agency, waiting to be registered. God knows who have been test "sitting" the car, and maybe cold starting it.. :eek: There`s a lot of young guys working there during the weekendes and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I feel like a nervous wreck :(

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
wow, I would be absolutely devastated. I would call them and complain no matter what. I am so sorry:(

Chris

·
Registered
265 Posts
I feel I`m getting ill and just want to throw up.

It`s almost that I want to contact the dealership an tell them to find me an other car. This is no longer the car I bought.

It`s not acctually at the customs, but the transport agency, waiting to be registered. God knows who have been test "sitting" the car, and maybe cold starting it.. :eek: There`s a lot of young guys working there during the weekendes and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I feel like a nervous wreck :(
Dear Comrade Carburetti,

I am quite certain that all will be well. You are in the rather unfortunate position of believing that you have no control over this situation. However, the transport agency will be managed by responsible people who will be quite fully aware of their responsibilities and will be caring for your motor car in the most excellent of fashions. No doubt the vehicle will be within a 'ring fenced' position within their storage facility with only one custodian of the keys. So do not concern yourself unduly over this matter but look forward to the receipt of this fabulous machine that is sure to bring you much joy and happiness.

And contrary to popular belief, Ferrari's are very durable motor cars and a little rain and snow will do it no harm whatsoever.

Edit: I've just opened up the Champagne to celebrate this post - my one hundredth!

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear Comrade Carburetti,

I am quite certain that all will be well. You are in the rather unfortunate position of believing that you have no control over this situation. However, the transport agency will be managed by responsible people who will be quite fully aware of their responsibilities and will be caring for your motor car in the most excellent of fashions. No doubt the vehicle will be within a 'ring fenced' position within their storage facility with only one custodian of the keys. So do not concern yourself unduly over this matter but look forward to the receipt of this fabulous machine that is sure to bring you much joy and happiness.

And contrary to popular belief, Ferrari's are very durable motor cars and a little rain and snow will do it no harm whatsoever.

Edit: I've just opened up the Champagne to celebrate this post - my one hundredth!

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Dear friend

Congrats on your 100`th :) and thank you for the positive feedback.

When it comes to the keys, they are hung up on a wall with all the other keys, up to grabs for who might be at work. I went there to check on car and asked for the keys. They handed them out without even asking my name. But the cars are fenced in, and gate closed during nighttime.

After owning a number of classic Alfas I may be a bit cautious exposing mye cars for moisture. The Alfas seems to turn into crackers just of the "smell" of moisture. I realy don`t know the 355 that well, but it`s comforting to hear they are more reliable.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear friend

Congrats on your 100`th :) and thank you for the positive feedback.

When it comes to the keys, they are hung up on a wall with all the other keys, up to grabs for who might be at work. I went there to check on car and asked for the keys. They handed them out without even asking my name. But the cars are fenced in, and gate closed during nighttime.

After owning a number of classic Alfas I may be a bit cautious exposing mye cars for moisture. The Alfas seems to turn into crackers just of the "smell" of moisture. I realy don`t know the 355 that well, but it`s comforting to hear they are more reliable.
Dear Comrade Carburetti,

The 355's are superb motor cars and hugely durable with engines that are completely bullet proof and from which you may expect great longevity. Furthermore, the bodywork has been designed and engineered to be used in all weather conditions. I have a friend whose 355 lives in London and has never been garaged. Indeed it lives in an open car parking space and is driven almost every day - including the wintertime when the streets of London are laden with salt. His car is fine just as yours will be. When this magnificent motor car eventually arrives all your present anxieties will be seen as a little trial that you have been forced to endure and surmount thus to gain your fabulous prize - the car will be perfect and all your concerns will completely vanish.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey Carbs

I fully agree with Vulcan here. We ALL baby our babies. Some never see the rain, some are forever locked down in a heated garage, most will never be driven in snow, loaned out to a buddy for the afternoon, used to ferry the kids to and from football practice. But rest assured that these magificent machines were not designed for how we have chosen to use them. Sorry to say it but they are in fact machines. Hunks of steel, rubber, leather, and plastic built for the sole purpose of getting us from one place to another (albeit in stunning fashion). My daily driver has never seen a garage and likely never will. Its exposed to all the elements and does just fine.

Snow on a vehicle is only a problem when its improperly removed causing scratches. You should hope they start the car regularly to maintain lubrication and prevent flat spots. As far as who's been sitting in it, they do that because they will never have the opportunity again. Once you receive the car, you will be proud to have people sit in it and if you do it right, some of them may not be fully clothed.

OK....now that I have done my best to help you feel better you should be saying. WTF...get that Ahole outta my car, lock up those keys, get the damn paperwork resolved, and complete delivery. It's springtme in the northern hemisphere...that means its Ferrari season.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Carbs

I fully agree with Vulcan here. We ALL baby our babies. Some never see the rain, some are forever locked down in a heated garage, most will never be driven in snow, loaned out to a buddy for the afternoon, used to ferry the kids to and from football practice. But rest assured that these magificent machines were not designed for how we have chosen to use them. Sorry to say it but they are in fact machines. Hunks of steel, rubber, leather, and plastic built for the sole purpose of getting us from one place to another (albeit in stunning fashion). My daily driver has never seen a garage and likely never will. Its exposed to all the elements and does just fine.

Snow on a vehicle is only a problem when its improperly removed causing scratches. You should hope they start the car regularly to maintain lubrication and prevent flat spots. As far as who's been sitting in it, they do that because they will never have the opportunity again. Once you receive the car, you will be proud to have people sit in it and if you do it right, some of them may not be fully clothed.

OK....now that I have done my best to help you feel better you should be saying. WTF...get that Ahole outta my car, lock up those keys, get the damn paperwork resolved, and complete delivery. It's springtme in the northern hemisphere...that means its Ferrari season.
Dear Comrade Saint Bastage,

Woohoo! May I be the first to congratulate you on the composition of a quite magnificent post. Bravo!

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
402 Posts
To Carburetti, my fellow 355 owner. I could almost feel your anguish at the fact that your baby has been exposed to the natural elements, but you need not worry. As our eloquent friend Mr. Vulcan has narrated about his friends 355 in London, the car has been built well. Yes the paint job has been exposed to snow, but a good wax job and tender loving care will bring it back to its magnificent luster. As far as moisture is involved, that can be reversed by a dehumified garage. You can even spray a silicone mist on the underside or even engine comparment to displace any moisture that can attack metal parts.
I hope that makes you feel better, although we have no control of how the beaurocracy of government works I would send a premeditated act of thanks by sending the department of agency a case of wine (the cheapest you can find, they wont know) for the handling of your cars papers.
Hope you get your car soon.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Dear Comrade Carburetti,

The 355's are superb motor cars and hugely durable with engines that are completely bullet proof and from which you may expect great longevity. Furthermore, the bodywork has been designed and engineered to be used in all weather conditions. I have a friend whose 355 lives in London and has never been garaged. Indeed it lives in an open car parking space and is driven almost every day - including the wintertime when the streets of London are laden with salt. His car is fine just as yours will be. When this magnificent motor car eventually arrives all your present anxieties will be seen as a little trial that you have been forced to endure and surmount thus to gain your fabulous prize - the car will be perfect and all your concerns will completely vanish.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Here is a picture of Sir Vulcan friend's F355. Clearly parking on the street in London is not an issue for the sturdy F355.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Here is a picture of Sir Vulcan friend's F355. Clearly parking on the street in London is not an issue for the sturdy F355.
Oh wow:eek:

Chris

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrade Boxer,

Yes, I can unequivocally confirm that this is indeed my friends 355. And the collision exemplifies the terribly robust engineering of this magnificent motor car. The full facts of the accident are as follows: The car had been parked outside of Diamond Lil's Lap Dancing Emporium in Soho, London, where my friend had been partaking of, indeed no doubt participating within the activities of the exotic dancing performed by a trilogy of beautiful young ladies in a state of deshabille. Part way through the aforementioned proceedings he had heard an almighty 'Bang' but his predilection for the young ladies and his partially clad condition precluded him from further examination of this cataclysmic sound. However, three hours later and upon egressing from the aforementioned emporium, he was immediately confronted with the cause of the crash. For there before him was his slightly damage 355 and laying adjacent was a double decker London bus with the engine pushed right to the rear of the vehicle with the whole contraption imploded as a house-of-cards. Three large recovery vehicles were at the scene along with the fire brigade who were deployed in cutting the omnibus into three separate sections thus that it could be uplifted onto the recovery trucks. Accordingly, this scene bears testament to the huge integrity of Ferrari's and the 355 in particular; proving once and for all that our friend whose 355 is presently within a storage facility has nothing whatsoever to fear - except fear itself :)

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Dear Comrade Boxer,

Yes, I can unequivocally confirm that this is indeed my friends 355. Accordingly, this scene bears testament to the huge integrity of Ferrari's and the 355 in particular; proving once and for all that our friend whose 355 is presently within a storage facility has nothing whatsoever to fear - except fear itself :)

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Clearly the F355 is the car of choice should one decide to frequent the Soho Lap dancing District.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, that car does not look bad after getting hit by a bus.

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took a 1,5 hour trip this morning, to check out my car. Don`t think anyone have been in the car, as the doors was glued to the rubber mouldings..
The battery was flat as suspected so it needed to be charged, I started her up and kept her going at 2500 rpm (and up) for about 15 minutes.

But out of about 200 cars, mine was the only one used as drawing-board, with text all over the doors and bonnet, and with a nice drawing on the roof.
Just glad they seemed to be in a good mood, and not using their keys. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
I took a 1,5 hour trip this morning, to check out my car. Don`t think anyone have been in the car, since the doors was glued to the rubber moulding..
The battery was flat as suspected so it needed to be charged, I started her up and let her go on 2500 rpm (and up...., when getting warm) for about 15 minutes.

But out of about 200 cars, mine was the only one used as drawing-board, with text all over the doors and bonnet, and with a nice drawing on the roof.
Just glad they seemed to be in a good mood, and not writing and drawing with their keys. :)
That dead battery may be a good thing for now,at least they can't go for a joy ride on it. ;)

Hmm, not good they are using your car as drawing paper, sooner or later thay shall be throwing pebbles at it! At this point I would really try to get my car out of there by bribing some officials, or do it my favorite jersey way by hiring a couple fellas to talk to the one responsible for approving the paperwork at his house. Might work, waiting a month is a bit excessive by my standards, especially for a ferrari waiting to be driven by its rightful owner.:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts