·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
As Boxer said, it will be costly.

However, to answer your question. For these particular models changing the car to red would probably actually improve their resale ability.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my city (Ottawa, Canada) I found an excellent body shop, I have seen many of his work. He does high end cars BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and wild custome paint jobs on rice burners. He charges about 6-7k for a job and if panels are rusted out or damaged, he does not use filler, he remakes the panels or replaces them to keep the car original.

2 primer coats, as soon as its dry, 2 silver coats to bring out the red, then 3-4 lighter coats or red to prevent streaks as he explained it and same with clear

I can find a 328 with red for the same price as black one but a Mondial for half the price, its worth having it painted. I was just worried if later the resale value would be nothing because it was not original.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
A poor paint job would decrease the value of the car. You know, when you pop up the red headlights and the sides of them are blue?

It sounds like your body shop will do the proper job so I don't think it will affect the value of the car. You just have to make sure all traces of the original color are gone. On the plus side, you can save a lot of money on the purchase price of a car that needs a paint job!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts