Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently spoke to an owner who lost a concours by 2 points. He later learned that he lost because one of the judges thought his steering wheel was not the original when in fact it was.

So how do they score these events and what is the prize?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good point, I don't think there's a judge's manual out there. But I also hope the judging of the car doesn't solely depend on the way the judge slept the night before. In fact the Ferrari history is so complicated to all of us that it is my opinion that judging Vintage models is also a very hard thing to do. Whether a feature on a car is original or not, some can be cleared up with the original invoice, and even ... We all know Ancient Ferrari paperwork isn't all that accurate as well.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i think i read something about the scoring system last year.
i believe it was in a Forza? or something other ferrari related at least

·
Registered
300 Posts
SO.... everyone starts with 100% and if a judge spots something HE's not sure of on your car you'll end up with MY high-school grades ! :green: :green:
Haven't read anything on what bases judging is done.
DJ

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Interesting topic. I'd like to know because I've been trying to organise a Concourse event but can't find any guide on how to judge athe cars.

·
Registered
749 Posts
DJ said:
Good point, I don't think there's a judge's manual out there. But I also hope the judging of the car doesn't solely depend on the way the judge slept the night before.
What about WHO he/she slept with :eek: ! That could make it much more interesting! :green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the mechanics at a local garage here in the area will be a judge at this years Concorso Italiano, I'll try to stop by and get the answers from him.

Stradale,

That sounds really cool, I hope you can round up a nice event. If you need a sponsor keep me in mind :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts