Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I personally do not like the idea at all. Ferrari has always been about racing, and......cars. I would not want to see a Ferrai SUV produced. Thats just my opinion. Can't wait to read everyone's on here, especially after the other thread about if a sports car can have AWD. This SUV is going to have AWD....

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Chris, I honestly think it will never happen. It doesn't fit Ferrari's new corporate policy of reducing carbon footprints and making lighter cars. But most importantly it doesn't fit with the brand and the heritage, which makes Ferrari what it is. Can you imagine the reaction of classic Ferrari owners when one of these would show up on a club day? It just doesn't make sense.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, I honestly think it will never happen. It doesn't fit Ferrari's new corporate policy of reducing carbon footprints and making lighter cars. But most importantly it doesn't fit with the brand and the heritage, which makes Ferrari what it is. Can you imagine the reaction of classic Ferrari owners when one of these would show up on a club day? It just doesn't make sense.

Onno
Thats what I thought. It would be the dumbest thing they could do in my opinion.

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Omg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO say it ain't so....:(

Is nothing sacred anymore????????

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

Onno
I share your opinion 100%. The danger is that shareholders may not care how the face of a classic Ferrari enthusiasts look like when one of these SUV's really should show up. As an example (understandingly) may help the list of how much cars Ferrari is producing per year....its a ever rising number. Yes its still small compared to other competitiors but still. I have owned chassis number 0947GT, a 1958 PF coupé, yes it was 1958, that said it tells us that Ferrari had roughly produced 500 street cars in 10 years at that time, thats less than a month production today, calculates to a factor of 12 times 10 !!
(street cars used to have uneven chassis numbers and racing cars even ones)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hope they will not build a SUV but porsche did it too and it sold really really well. So thats the danger it will not be a 'real' ferrari but its maybe a bestseller. Lets hope ferrari will concentrate on lighter cars that a really good step forward.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Bad idea

Perfect for the 500 yard trip to park on the pavement outside the school and unload the little darlings.

Hope it never happens.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I share your opinion 100%. The danger is that shareholders may not care how the face of a classic Ferrari enthusiasts look like when one of these SUV's really should show up. As an example (understandingly) may help the list of how much cars Ferrari is producing per year....its a ever rising number. Yes its still small compared to other competitiors but still. I have owned chassis number 0947GT, a 1958 PF coupé, yes it was 1958, that said it tells us that Ferrari had roughly produced 500 street cars in 10 years at that time, thats less than a month production today, calculates to a factor of 12 times 10 !!
(street cars used to have uneven chassis numbers and racing cars even ones)
Yes, that is the real danger. I was convinced (and still am today) that it was a stupid move for Porsche to produce the Cayenne (what a pointless car, but I suppose that's just me). It has further removed the Porsche brand from a pure sportscar maker. Yes, it has sold well, but not everything in this world is about money. Not to be disrespectful to Porsche, but it was a more mainstream brand before the Cayenne than Ferrari is now. If Ferrari goes the same route, they will be throwing the baby out with the bathwater IMHO. Why do people want a Ferrari? To buy the pinnacle of what's available in sportscars.

Other ways of looking at it:

1. If Ferrari doesn't even allow cruise control in their cars, why the heck would they build an SUV?
2. If you can't even buy a decent stereo or satnav in a Ferrari in 2008, why would they build an SUV?
3. If you can't buy a Ferrari with automatic transmission, why would they build an SUV?

Maybe I'm hoping against hope. But I hope not. :)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Everybody here, I'm with you. Yet we are living in a greedy world, where serious money has to be made by car manufacturers, and big time. Ever since Porsche makes station wagons and diesels win at Le Mans, it's not even fun going to the Hunaudières to watch humongous V12s blast through anymore, they are probably not V12s and they smoke up the track. Let's hope it doesn't go down that alley, but I'm getting used to expect the unexpected. :(

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
As per Onno's and everyone elses replies, I can't see this happening. If the FIAT group do want to build a premium SUV, they'd be better off badging it as a Maserati or Alfa Romeo if they want to compete with Porsche on price. I don't think the price quoted in the article is realistic either, as it falls below the price of the cheapest Ferrari road car. If the SUV really were based on the Scag's platform and engine, and contained the luxurious refinements you expect, they'd need to be looking at a price tag of circa 250K euro's.
The attached photo, isn't real either, it's just a photoshopped artists iimpression. Very easy to put the 599/612's front end on a shopped picture. I'd like to see the same picture with Alfa's St George's/Crusaders cross and snake or Maserati's three pronged fork on the grill

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214479/ferrari_suv.html

I tripped across this article online. What are your thoughts on the Ferrari suv?

Chris
"While designers face the challenge of making the Ferrari beautiful,"

I think the real challenge will be making it an everyday driver! Since Maserati sales are up and Ferrari is counting on the Califonia model to bring units up over 10,000, I would place money on it being a Maserati model if it ever gets the green light.

It is possible to build a beautiful SUV though
Spyker SSUV

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a pretty nice looking suv.

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That is a pretty nice looking suv.

Chris
Chris I know how you college boys like to smoke pot but don't do it while on F-Life...:D:D

Only one word for that thing...YIKES!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
And it comes from a country where people ride bikes and busses and frown on excesses... And smoke pot, yes.

I'm so proud of our only supercar maker - they really fly against the face of public opinion. And taste.

Onno

Onno, I love Holland and most things about Dutch life, culture and attitudes. Unsure whether I would add the Spyker SUV to my list of favorite Dutch things, but it isn't a complete NO for me. It's ugly, but in an effectionate way if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I thought it looked nice for an SUV...I don't like SUV's at all...so to me it looks nice to most others:rofl: Oh yea and I don't smoke pot:eek: :rofl:

Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts