Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Mondial T / 348 entry

Well, besides the yearly, IMO, ALL fluid changes and improved filtering like K&Ns or such. I would recommend a higher quality of product and NOT the OEM line.

Example: I used to take my Mondial T [348 engine] to FofSFrancisco, who is owned directly by Maranello/Ferrari. The solution, for whatever reason, was to replace my fluids and filters ONLY with OEM products. So, AGIP snyth. oil etc. was used. Imported directly from Italy, and even considered by Ferrari at each change to be inadequate/superceeded for NEWER models, only. Therefore, I got inferior products because that is what their antiquated manuals said from the factory: guessing liability or such.

Took it to another trained mech, who usually replaces my items, internally, with better products. Like Redline for fluids, and Hill bearings for, well, bearings, and other hoses etc. for OEM ones. Results? Best drive I've ever had in these cars. What an improvement.

I would suggest to stick with better items that are proven in the community and, even though costing more in short run, are cost effective in long play.

I am convinced, that not everything stock is therefore needed. Even in concorso matters, it is accepted.

Other stuff:
. check air in tires, check tire wear.
. check for blockages in front air intakes and radiator items.
. always, warm it up properly, take it to functionality, and cool it down properly, check fluids/leakages [which should be addressed right away], ALWAYS ping someone on new sounds, lights, and 'feelings' when driving. It will probably be addressed and save you heart palpitations.
Link to Mondial T items:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=81019#post81019

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Why is it so difficult to help folks understand that many fluids a manufacturer recommends are for the manufacturer's personal gain?

Ferrari supports Shell products because Shell contributes heavily to their F1 program.

Rik found out first hand what a dramatic change to Redline motor oil made. This is so true.

A person on a Maserati site said the he would not stray from factory suggested liquids despite the fact that others experienced serious improvements as did Rik. This person said the factory engineers knew more than others and he was sticking with their decision!

We don't need more sheep in the world, folks.

Listen to what knowledgeable people say!

You will benefit from it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts