Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :D ! I am new to this forum. WoW!!! This is a great place! To be honest, I never knew a site like this existed. I was just surfing the net and ran into a Lambo forum and noticed alot of people bad mouthing Ferraris and so I wanted to see if a Ferrari site existed and here I am!!!
A little bit about myself, I am from Orange County Cali but work overseas. I own a 2000 360 Modena and always wanted to find out more about my car w/out some of the shady people at the dealerships or some of the service managers trying to make me fork out more cash =/. So I am very happy to find this home. You guys did a GREAT job!
I noticed some of u guys have little pictures posted by ur screennames. How do u do that? And also, it states that u can be a memeber. Are there different degrees of bein a member? Like I said, I am very new to this and I'm sure I look very stupid, but I guess u gotta start somewhere^_^!
Well hope to here from u guys soon and really nice to be here in a home that will not discriminate for what ethnic background I am, what sex I am, and most importantly for owning my childhood dream. A FERRARI!!!! :D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site, looks like we are neighbors in a manner of speaking. I'm in Tokyo, Japan.

First, to get the picture under your name you do this in the profile under AVATAR

http://www.ferrariforum.net/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile

Second:

There are two levels of membership

1. Free (what you see)
2. Paid (lots of extra features and more always coming and I welcome you to join. All you need is a major CC) see above post Announcement with pictures of the section (I'd like to offer free tours and hope to in teh future).

Welcome to the site, if there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask and we'll try out best to answer.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome here, There are 2 layers of members non-paying (you are one now) and paying members, last ones get a free mailaccount with a [email protected], more pics in the gallery, an dthe ability to look at all those pics up to 1280x1024 resolution. You can set a little picture in your profile also when you are a non-paying member

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found the place - feel free to ask anything at all - you'll find (as I did) that no question is too stupid to ask.

Also - if you have a picture or two of your car - please post it, so we can all have a drool!!

silverF1Modena said:
I was just surfing the net and ran into a Lambo forum and noticed a lot of people bad mouthing Ferraris...
That's quite sad - especially as most of the people on the forum will probably never have driven a Ferrari. Or a Lamborghini for that matter!! :green:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! U guys are WAAAY! Cool!!! Such quick replies! Thanx for the Awesome welcomes! I tried to add a picture of my car on my avatar, but it keeps sayin that it has to be 5KB. What exactly is that? I made sure it was JPG format and decreased the size super puny but it still won't work. Oh and for sure I am goin to join the forum as a member! I want a site like this to keep goin! It is waaaay cool! But first i have to learn how to work the site=)!
I don't know all ur names but I'm sure soon I will! I don't want to leave any of u guys out but thanx to all for the welcome!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I am trying to join as a member and it asks referring member, am I supposed to type in my screenname on this forum or someone who referred me? Sorry, another dumb question :oops: ! I'm sure u guys are rollin ur eyes and sayin, "Shiish another one of those guys..."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum man!!! and your avatar use kind of Photoshop or Coreldraw to resize your picture. And congrats for your 360 :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome SilverF1Modena to the forum. We rarely badmouth Ferrari here, you will see us (or me) bashing some other cars because of how people think they are equal to Ferrari's motorcars when they really are far from it. If you want to learn more about your own car or other new Ferraris being released, this is the first place to look. We have some talented photographers on this forum who are at the important Ferrari events all around the world! This forum is very diverse and we have representatives from many continents that post often. I would recommend using the search feature on the forum under the drop-down menu at the top to find out about any topics that you may have missed recently that might interest you. Again, I am glad to hear a new voice and I hope you will enjoy our great forum.

In response to your question: I would just put down Enzo250GTO.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
silverF1Modena said:
When I am trying to join as a member and it asks referring member, am I supposed to type in my screenname on this forum or someone who referred me? Sorry, another dumb question :oops: ! I'm sure u guys are rollin ur eyes and sayin, "Shiish another one of those guys..."
1. If no one refered you just add your username or leave it blank.
2. If you post a picture of your car I will take care of all the neccessary edits and get it up for you as well. I've done it for many members. I will send you my email if that is perfered.

You can attach images to a post by clicking the attach button. You'll get use to it, then you'll be like ze_shark and post 50 pics of your car (which we all LOVE when that happens).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha! I got it!!!! I just posted my avatar! It sure is tiny!!! But thanx for ur help guys! and 250GTO(sorry, hope u dont mind I call u that. I don't know ur name), thanx to u too! I'm gonna go sign up now! Oh one more thing(sorry) When I want to make changes or edit my profile, where on the site is there a menu to go into that? I knwo u sent me a link but I dont know how to get to that page for profile edits from the site directly. Thanx again. After all these little things are done, we can really talk about the important stuff^_~!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
silverF1Modena said:
Ha! I got it!!!! I just posted my avatar! It sure is tiny!!! But thanx for ur help guys! and 250GTO(sorry, hope u dont mind I call u that. I don't know ur name), thanx to u too! I'm gonna go sign up now! Oh one more thing(sorry) When I want to make changes or edit my profile, where on the site is there a menu to go into that? I knwo u sent me a link but I dont know how to get to that page for profile edits from the site directly. Thanx again. After all these little things are done, we can really talk about the important stuff^_~!
You can call me Andrew (its in my signature). To make those edits look at the top right and you'll see a dropdown that starts with "Forum Home" you'll see profile in that dropdown.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx Andrew! Got it!!! Yea that is the ever popular Gallardo that everyone goes goo goo ga ga over next to my 360 and thats my lil nephew w/me! He loves cars just as much as I do! He is only 3 and already knows his Ferraris from his Lambos! But he always says, "Uncle's car is NO. 1!!!! Ferrari #1! I trained him well!" ^_~!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
welcome to the Forum, i'm sure that you will enjoy it here, you are defenitly in the spirit (12 post in less then a day :green: )
and always even better when it is another owner

·
Registered
383 Posts
welcome to the forum :) you sound like a very nice person and someone who's very passionate about his ferraris! The only the thing you have to do now, is to post some pics of your beauty (in full resolution glory) in the garage section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts