Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot drive my car (550). Today is Saturday. Since I am going to a Ferrari function tomorrow, I vacuumed the car. First, I moved the right seat forward so I could clean behind it. Then I moved the right seat to the back to clean the front. Then I moved to the driver’s side. After moving the seat to the front position, I vacuumed the back. Then I tried to move the seat back. Nothing happen. Yipes! The seat is as far forward as possible and as high as it gets.

There is no way I can drive it and today is Saturday. Every shop is closed and I must have it by noon on Sunday.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to move the seat back so I can drive it?

:evil:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Bart said:
I cannot drive my car (550). Today is Saturday. Since I am going to a Ferrari function tomorrow, I vacuumed the car. First, I moved the right seat forward so I could clean behind it. Then I moved the right seat to the back to clean the front. Then I moved to the driver’s side. After moving the seat to the front position, I vacuumed the back. Then I tried to move the seat back. Nothing happen. Yipes! The seat is as far forward as possible and as high as it gets.

There is no way I can drive it and today is Saturday. Every shop is closed and I must have it by noon on Sunday.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to move the seat back so I can drive it?

:evil:
Does the passenger seat still work? Fuse # 26 & 27 are for the seats 26 for left 27 for right. Check those fuses located at the passenger side footwell. Otherwise the motor for the driver side could be broke, in which case you are in trouble.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Bart, not sure if your mechanically inclined, but you should unbolt your seat and check all connections to your motors and check for any obstructions in the track. And it could be it needs a little grease to help the motors function.

Seats either work or they dont. Its either an electrical problem that juice is not getting there or its something after it get to the seat harness. Once you get your seat out, check with two alligator clips, plug and crimp two wires to it, place it on your battery and feed it to the seat. Check for the ground and positive wires with a test light first. Then...ground it, then apply juice to either forward/reverse, up/down pins and see if your seat works. If it doesn’t work, follow the wire it could be broken/frayed, the fix it.

If it does work without any problems, its your door switch or a broken/frayed wire going to your seat. Then…good luck if you want to venture that far. I would because I have done it before with a window up/down problem going to the center console switch. I found the problem, but it was a pain.

I know your not going to reply so…your welcome !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts