Ferrari Life Forum banner

help with investment stradegy

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Gcalo 
#1 ·
Investment wise which should i buy, a Testarossa or a 246 Dino, or throw them both away for something else.

#3 ·
Cars are not investments. Buying a car as an investment is tantamount to a chimpanzee buying gold stock in a bear market. Sure, he might make money, but he is not bleeming likely to.

With the current market, you'd be foolish to buy right now. Wait until the crisis in the Ferrari market has settled somewhat. In another 6 months or so you'll be able to assess where prices are going and then you can make an informed decision.

With that said, Dino's will hold their prices better than Testarossas. But why compare the two? They're nothing like each other. You need to buy what you want to drive. So go and drive them and make up your mind.

Onno

#4 ·
Neither is really an "investment" level Ferrari. Buy the one you prefer and enjoy the ownership experience. If you are looking for an "investment" level Ferrari, you need to go up quite a bit on the price scale. Look for a model that has low production numbers (1500 max, 500 would be better, 36 is perfect), captured the public imagination at launch (and still does), and as a bonus has a winning race history.

#5 ·
Considering we may be entering the Great Depression of the 21st C I would suggest as an investment you ensure that everybody have:

several months of food and water on hand
good sturdy shelter w low debt & no danger of foreclosure
something tangible to barter with like gold coins, diamonds etc
several guns
backup generator, solar panels, windmill
a car in good shape that gets high mpg
medical supplies

About the only car I'd buy these days is a Smart car or an armored H1 Hummer

#6 ·
My thoughts too (except the guns). Sold the Ferrari, put the money in the bank, paid off as many debts as I could and have a good reserve in the bank just in case I don't have a job to go to. I can buy another Ferrari when the market has bottomed out and the economy is on the way up again.

#22 ·
We will see who the geniouses and or fools are when the dust settles. I for one are looking forward to the outcome of the current "crisis". In the 8's I would be in the market as I am signifigantly, this is the first time all so called G20 are working together. The media should stop perpetuating the illusion. Don't get me wrong, there is a problem, but it is a tremendous opporitunity for those with the means...

my 4 cents

f-man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.