Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Investment wise which should i buy, a Testarossa or a 246 Dino, or throw them both away for something else.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Testarossa, the Dino has already fully depreciated several years ago and has since appreciated. The Dino however may have a longer chance to appreciating.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Cars are not investments. Buying a car as an investment is tantamount to a chimpanzee buying gold stock in a bear market. Sure, he might make money, but he is not bleeming likely to.

With the current market, you'd be foolish to buy right now. Wait until the crisis in the Ferrari market has settled somewhat. In another 6 months or so you'll be able to assess where prices are going and then you can make an informed decision.

With that said, Dino's will hold their prices better than Testarossas. But why compare the two? They're nothing like each other. You need to buy what you want to drive. So go and drive them and make up your mind.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Investment wise which should i buy, a Testarossa or a 246 Dino, or throw them both away for something else.
Neither is really an "investment" level Ferrari. Buy the one you prefer and enjoy the ownership experience. If you are looking for an "investment" level Ferrari, you need to go up quite a bit on the price scale. Look for a model that has low production numbers (1500 max, 500 would be better, 36 is perfect), captured the public imagination at launch (and still does), and as a bonus has a winning race history.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Considering we may be entering the Great Depression of the 21st C I would suggest as an investment you ensure that everybody have:

several months of food and water on hand
good sturdy shelter w low debt & no danger of foreclosure
something tangible to barter with like gold coins, diamonds etc
several guns
backup generator, solar panels, windmill
a car in good shape that gets high mpg
medical supplies

About the only car I'd buy these days is a Smart car or an armored H1 Hummer

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Considering we may be entering the Great Depression of the 21st C I would suggest as an investment you ensure that everybody have:

several months of food and water on hand
good sturdy shelter w low debt & no danger of foreclosure
something tangible to barter with like gold coins, diamonds etc
several guns
backup generator, solar panels, windmill
a car in good shape that gets high mpg
medical supplies

About the only car I'd buy these days is a Smart car or an armored H1 Hummer
My thoughts too (except the guns). Sold the Ferrari, put the money in the bank, paid off as many debts as I could and have a good reserve in the bank just in case I don't have a job to go to. I can buy another Ferrari when the market has bottomed out and the economy is on the way up again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Having lived in several countries that went through hyper inflation and a maxi devaluation, so far this seems bad but at least semi under control.
For the moment, but that $700 Billion bailout which is in reality more like a $6 Trillion bailout will eventually cause MASSIVE inflation

The Fed can play their games but eventually the physics of economics WILL have its way and w USD that massive eventually they will run out of $ to pump into the economy

I lived in Buenos Aires from 99 to 2002, I left when the economy imploded in 2002 and kidnappings went through the roof

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
For the moment, but that $700 Billion bailout which is in reality more like a $6 Trillion bailout will eventually cause MASSIVE inflation
Another Dubya legacy :crazy: the next few Presidents will sure have their work cut out...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would not buy any car with the idea of it being an investment.

I'd buy real estate.
I just heard that Vegas is not doing so well

I'd like to get a place around Reno-Tahoe for ski season, Prices should continue dropping niceley through 09

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Depression

I just heard that Vegas is not doing so well

I'd like to get a place around Reno-Tahoe for ski season, Prices should continue dropping niceley through 09
Yes, prices are dropping in the Reno/Tahoe area, by the hour!!!
Some properties by early 09 will be worth 35/40% of their 2006
values.

Hold on! We may wish its 1932!

Mark

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cars are not investments. Buying a car as an investment is tantamount to a chimpanzee buying gold stock in a bear market. Sure, he might make money, but he is not bleeming likely to.

With the current market, you'd be foolish to buy right now. Wait until the crisis in the Ferrari market has settled somewhat. In another 6 months or so you'll be able to assess where prices are going and then you can make an informed decision.

With that said, Dino's will hold their prices better than Testarossas. But why compare the two? They're nothing like each other. You need to buy what you want to drive. So go and drive them and make up your mind.

Onno
Who you calling a monkey ? I've been looking at gold recently...... now where did I leave that banana

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Who you calling a monkey ? I've been looking at gold recently...... now where did I leave that banana
If the shoe fits...

But you should read more carefully before you make a comment. I didn't say that anyone who invests in gold now is a chimp. I said that it is unlikely for a chimp to make money if he invests in a bear market. We do not have a bear market for gold - where the heck did you get that idea from? Don't you know that financial crises are good for gold? Don't you know that production is waning every year? I am personally very optimistic about my portfolio in gold, although I still see a couple of months of turmoil before it starts climbing properly.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the shoe fits...

But you should read more carefully before you make a comment. I didn't say that anyone who invests in gold now is a chimp. I said that it is unlikely for a chimp to make money if he invests in a bear market. We do not have a bear market for gold - where the heck did you get that idea from? Don't you know that financial crises are good for gold? Don't you know that production is waning every year? I am personally very optimistic about my portfolio in gold, although I still see a couple of months of turmoil before it starts climbing properly.

Onno

Yes I know, perhaps one less coffee huh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts